LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/)
-   Southeast Region (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f122/)
-   -   Charlotte/ Fort Mill area (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f122/charlotte-fort-mill-area-421041/)

blown9746 07-30-2017 07:21 PM

Charlotte/ Fort Mill area
 
I am in Fort Mill and am in the market for an Elise. I went and test drove a one this weekend that I liked, but have never driven another Elise so have nothing for comparison. Is there anyone that would be willing to meet and at least take me for a ride in their elise just so I have something for comparison?

Also, where do guys in the area go for service?

flopshotgolf 03-08-2019 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blown9746 (Post 5502241)
I am in Fort Mill and am in the market for an Elise. I went and test drove a one this weekend that I liked, but have never driven another Elise so have nothing for comparison. Is there anyone that would be willing to meet and at least take me for a ride in their elise just so I have something for comparison?

Also, where do guys in the area go for service?

Just bought my first Lotus, picked up 1997 Esprit V8 last week. Also live in Fort Mill, so if you see a Calypso Red Esprit, chances are it's me! Did you ever find a local Lotus mechanic? Does Foreign Cars Italia/Charlotte work on them?

dviolet8981 06-14-2019 05:31 AM

Just bought my first Lotus, picked up 1997 Esprit V8 last week. Also live in Fort Mill, so if you see a Calypso Red Esprit, chances are it's me! Did you ever find a local Lotus mechanic?

I believe I’ve meet you once or twice at a C&C. Although the guy I’ve talked to has a for sale sign in it... hope that’s not you! I haven’t been able to find a place that will do any major work, but if you’re ever in need of some help let me know I’m near uptown Charlotte.

blown9746 08-09-2019 09:04 AM

Mine is not for sale. I have a solar yellow 06.

Never found a local mechanic, but knock on wood haven't needed one yet.

blown9746 08-14-2019 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flopshotgolf (Post 5928990)
Just bought my first Lotus, picked up 1997 Esprit V8 last week. Also live in Fort Mill, so if you see a Calypso Red Esprit, chances are it's me! Did you ever find a local Lotus mechanic? Does Foreign Cars Italia/Charlotte work on them?

I think my kid saw you in Baxter Village last week. Esprit was one of my favorite cars growing up. Would love to check yours out one day

flopshotgolf 08-15-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blown9746 (Post 5971368)
I think my kid saw you in Baxter Village last week. Esprit was one of my favorite cars growing up. Would love to check yours out one day

Yup, wife and I had a date night in Baxter on Friday night. I'll drive it around town whenever I can on weekends. :smile2:

SS Lotus Elise 08-15-2019 12:10 PM

Maybe you can get a ride in Eldon's. I have not seen it but I think it has a passenger seat. (Full on race car).

The guy that I bought by Elise from used Lotus of Greenville, but that was 4 years ago (doesn't seem like it was that long ago) and I have no idea on their quality.

Good luck.

eldonz 08-15-2019 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS Lotus Elise (Post 5971806)
Maybe you can get a ride in Eldon's. I have not seen it but I think it has a passenger seat. (Full on race car).

The guy that I bought by Elise from used Lotus of Greenville, but that was 4 years ago (doesn't seem like it was that long ago) and I have no idea on their quality.

Good luck.

It's not a "full on race car", that would be Kevin's. It is highly prepped for track use but still driveable on the street, which I try to do as often as possible. And, Yes, it does have a passenger seat because my wife needs it for her instructors.

Later,
Eldon


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome