August KC GTG- Pics... - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

August KC GTG- Pics...

We had a great Saturday.

In total we performed 5 A/C mods (removing the footwell plates), did the "extend the remote range" mod on Lisa's car, installed the Aerocatch Lid Latch on Dave's (Darksol) car, made an aluminum bracket/mount for Mike's air pressure monitoring system to mount below the HVAC controls, pressure bled Derek's brakes, fixed the headlight housing on Ben's Elise, Did the lumbar mod on Derek's beautiful elise, ate some good lunch, and did a fair amount of BS'ing...

Fantastic day and we got a lot of stuff done

Here are a few pics with some cheesey commentary

Best,

Phil
Attached Images

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 485+whp REV X

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works 6 SPD 435WHP || 2014 Black Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP|| 2011 White Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

www.boefab.com: We Build Champions | Products-Service-Advice

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

more
Attached Images

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 485+whp REV X

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works 6 SPD 435WHP || 2014 Black Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP|| 2011 White Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

more again...
Attached Images

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

couple more...
Attached Images

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 09:01 AM
BANNED

lol nice pics
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 09:06 AM

what a great meeting....doing mods together!

can you explain or send a link to the "extend the remote range" and the A/c mod?

2011 Final Edition S260 Isotope Green
2005 Track Elise LotusCupUSA
2008 211 FS
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 01:49 PM

Good GTG, Phil!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastique999 View Post
what a great meeting....doing mods together!

can you explain or send a link to the "extend the remote range" and the A/c mod?

I think it's in the uber post. You basically pull the antenna wire for the alarm out of the wiring harness so that's it's not surrounded by other wires. Then you add about 10 inches of wire to it. You're left with like 50 feet of remote range Which beats the tar out of the 5 feet of reception they have from the factory....

Best,

Phil

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRoberts44 View Post
Good GTG, Phil!
Thanks for taking all the pics Mike! Let me know if you guys want a CD with all the photos- There were like 95 of them...

Best,

Phil

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 10:23 AM

Definitely good times! And thank you to Derek for the clay bar job. It is so slick, I think I got 35mpg on the way back to Lawrence.

Saw a green '05 Elise with Washington plates in Lawrence today left a calling card after stealing his windscreen hopefully they don't put the two together.
Coworker also saw a silver/grey one in Lawrence yesterday.

Are our cars leading secret lives and multiplying behind our backs?
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 06:53 PM
purveyor of lightness

Garage
Yeah we all need "HEY YOU!" windshield cards to keep with us.

I know absolutely nothing about clay bars and stuff - I'm a wash-n-go microfiber towel dry kind of guy. What is this "wax" you speak of?

Mike please PM me with your detail guy info.

Phil, I'd love a CD with pics... you could also dump PORSCHE TRACK photos on there while you're at it

d.a..v...i....d

David Thomas Stewart - [email protected]
2005 Midnight Silver Lotus Elise (www.darksol.com)
388hp (342whp) BOE RevX 1736lbs.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Looks like the purple one we were talking about is now up for sale!
*** 2005 Lotus Elise *** RARE AUBERGINE PURPLE!!!

Best,

Phil

PS- I hope we can put another "tech GTG" together before the end of the year... let me know who's interested...

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbophil View Post
Looks like the purple one we were talking about is now up for sale!
*** 2005 Lotus Elise *** RARE AUBERGINE PURPLE!!!

Best,

Phil

PS- I hope we can put another "tech GTG" together before the end of the year... let me know who's interested...
I want a purple one bad. Wife is not in to 2 Elises. Damn. I didn't know there was one in KC?

I can help anyone with a detail - it is about the only thing in life I'm good at. Perhaps I ought to have a detail get together at the house?

Anyway, about 4 times a year I'll clay it (whole thing including windows and lights, and then put 2 or 3 coats of a good wax. Really gets the shine going for a long time. I use trimshine on all the plastic. Lexol on the leather. If you've got shiny wheels, we can wax them too (makes them much easier to clean at the car wash later on.)

I'm an absolute fruitcake when it comes to detailing. I used to take apart the dash in my Wranglers to clean all the joints between panels...GF at the time thought I should be committed.

Anyway this paint really responds well to a good wax - you can make it reflect images even when the car is dirty.

Sounds like the meet was a great time, I'm looking forward to the next one.

07 ExigeS;05 Elise(RIP);06 V70R;12 JKUR
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 05:25 PM

well look at these photos i've dug up... seems i've spotted some of you guys throughout the years without knowing it...i've also seen a black and a silver elise in lawrence, plus a red first gen elise on mass street...hope i'm not cluttering up the thread with these...

the first two photos are at runoffs 07, the third (same car) is at runoffs 06, the fourth is also at runoffs 07, and the fifth photo turbophil? is at the last hpt track day a few weeks ago...
Attached Images

"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?"

Last edited by mchferrari; 07-06-2009 at 05:35 PM.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchferrari View Post
well look at these photos i've dug up... seems i've spotted some of you guys throughout the years without knowing it...i've also seen a black and a silver elise in lawrence, plus a red first gen elise on mass street...hope i'm not cluttering up the thread with these...

the first two photos are at runoffs 07, the third (same car) is at runoffs 06, the fourth is also at runoffs 07, and the fifth photo turbophil? is at the last hpt track day a few weeks ago...
Yep! The red one's mine.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

ep... thats me on the bottom... so who are you and where's your lotus

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbophil View Post
ep... thats me on the bottom... so who are you and where's your lotus
lol im a student at ku but an elise (exige?) is def in my radar within 10 years-ish... by then you all will be bored with them right heheh
lotus will come first then a 348ts then a maserati coupe if im yet to be satisfied lol... we shall see what the future holds...

"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?"

Last edited by mchferrari; 07-06-2009 at 10:09 PM.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchferrari View Post
lol im a student at ku but an elise (exige?) is def in my radar within 10 years-ish... by then you all will be bored with them right heheh
lotus will come first then a 348ts then a maserati coupe if im yet to be satisfied lol... we shall see what the future holds...
Hard to say what Lotus will have in ten years, but once you've driven an Elise, Ferrari and Maserati won't hold a candle unless your just trying to display your wealth!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > Central Plains Region

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in