Hallett Anyone? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 05:54 AM Thread Starter

Hallett Anyone?

Is anyone here doing the HST track day at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit in a couple of weeks? More info here (go to schedule -> August 25th 26th -> More Info). The track is just west of Tulsa so it's within driving distance of a lot of people here. I haven't been before, but at the advice of some random guy in an Evo IX MR, who flagged me down the second day I had my Elise, it sounds really fun and it is reasonably priced.

2006 SAAB 9-2x Aero (aka Sam the SAABaru)
2007 Solar Yellow Lotus Exige S w/ Really Light Stuff Blade 300 & Other Goodies, Built by Thomasio

Long gone: Ursula the 1986 BMW 325, Magdalena the 1988 Alfa Romeo Milano Verde, 2005 Lotus Elise, 1994 SAAB 900 Turbo Comm Edition Convertible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

I heard they repaved much of the track in the last year. Did you go there recently, so it's still rough? I'm just worried about getting really light from the rough surface the first time I track the Elise.

2006 SAAB 9-2x Aero (aka Sam the SAABaru)
2007 Solar Yellow Lotus Exige S w/ Really Light Stuff Blade 300 & Other Goodies, Built by Thomasio

Long gone: Ursula the 1986 BMW 325, Magdalena the 1988 Alfa Romeo Milano Verde, 2005 Lotus Elise, 1994 SAAB 900 Turbo Comm Edition Convertible
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 11:13 AM

Garage
Raced there this past March/April. Some spots were pretty rough at the time but I believe the whole track has been attended to since then. Don't hold me to that one, just heard that somewhere.
If not then turns 10 and 11, last two befor the home stretch are going to take any surplus rubber you have now clean away. Turn one was a bit rough and you do not want to get on the outside of that one. A guy in a Merlin lost it in a big way in front of me there. Talk about a sphincter check.
Turn 6 or 7, I can't remember the sequence, it's the back most turn on the course, was pretty rough as well.
After you have made a lap or two you'll get the idea. It's a fun course, make sure you have really fresh brake pads and tires, and most importantly, be smooth!
Enjoy the roller coaster, oops I meant ride.

Al B.
Team L.O.S.T. #31

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 06:07 PM

Hallett

Rugger,

Hallett is one of the great secrets in the US. The track is wonderfully technical. There is plenty of runoff and no walls to hit, other than tire walls, and the folks that run the track, well they are just the best.

If you are interested in running the HST session in two weeks, I would go ahead now and reserve your spot. They generally sell out way in adance. Go to Hallett's website and enter via e-mail or by giving the folks a call.

The track is not bumpy. It is definately rougher than Barber, but it is not bad. In a street car and at speed the bumps will not be noticed. I have raced many different vehicales at Hallett and I've never had a problem with the "bumps". I've even raced my 125 shifter without worrying about the rough spots.

Now in the olden days, there were a few problem areas but they have been dealt with.

Feel free to give me a call with any questions. I'm the head instructor for the HST program.

By the way, Hallett is a perfect track for an Elise or Exige. You don't have overly long straights, so all of the time is made or lost in the corners.

Tim Webb
479-846-4186
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 05:25 AM

I was looking into taking the Evora up here and giving it a weekend of fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > Central Plains Region

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in