Omaha-area people ... WHERE ARE YOU? - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 12:26 PM
Saffron Yellow is Lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonian View Post
Mine has been out of hibernation for about 2 weeks. Loving the nice weather.
Chief and I were thinking of meeting up somewhere this Saturday, 3/24/12. Let us know if you would like to join our group. I just heard about this place but they have not started up gathering for the year yet. Coffee Cruise Omaha - About Us
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by balchy View Post
Mine as well! This weather has been great for driving with the top off
Chief and I were thinking of meeting up somewhere this Saturday, 3/24/12. Let us know if you would like to join our group. I just heard about this place but they have not started up gathering for the year yet. Coffee Cruise Omaha - About Us
post #23 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
You bet...I have the hard top on right now but it looks like some great weather Saturday and Sunday. Might just have to take it off and carry the soft top for the weekend. Anyplace you want to meet is fine...I live in the Papillion area. Mark
Well if you have time Saturday afternoon i am free any time from noon on. We could perhaps meet up at one of the resturants or businesses on 84th street. If you are interested let me know and i can email you my cell number.

post #24 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 07:46 AM

Scott,

Sent you a private message with my phone #. Looking forward to meeting you Saturday and maybe some other Omaha Lotus owners will come as well! Chief

Current Rides:
2008 Lotus Elise, BOE Rev300 Supercharger, ACT HDSS performance clutch, + host of other upgrades,
Summer Ride
2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder, Daily Driver
2008 GMC Sierra 5.3L, 515HP Supercharged Sleeper
post #25 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 05:53 PM

I will be in Lincoln both Saturday and Sunday for work.....unfortunately can't come out and play. Although I will be driving my Elise both days as it gets the best gas mileage out of all of my vehicles
post #26 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 05:59 PM

The coffee cruise omaha sounds like fun. I'm definitely in for that when it fires up in May. I look forward to meeting you guys soon.
post #27 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 08:12 PM

My wife spotted you guys today in a Wendy's parking lot. I got a pic texted to me.

I'm in for Coffee Cruise in mid April. I won't have a weekend free until then, but would love to meet up with the local Lotus owners.

Until then...

KT
post #28 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreader View Post
My wife spotted you guys today in a Wendy's parking lot. I got a pic texted to me.

I'm in for Coffee Cruise in mid April. I won't have a weekend free until then, but would love to meet up with the local Lotus owners.

Until then...

KT
Ya, we were suprised someone even knew they were Elise's. I think she said you dont have a Lotus. Is that true? If so just pick one up by May. I dont think the Coffee Cruise starts till May so you have plenty of time!
post #29 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 06:17 AM

Sad but true. I don't own a Lotus, but I do have a car that is about as rare in Omaha. A '88 Chrysler Conquest.

As you saw, my wife is driving the new car, so until that one is about paid off, I'll just be jealous of you guys.

I'm holding out for a KG or AW Exige. The right Elise would work too.

Post up here when you are going to the Omaha Cars and Coffee and I'll meet you all out there or somewhere prior and cruise out together. I'm at 96th and Harrison.

My friends are building some monster Mitsu's that should be running strong in the next couple months. We're planning a spring BBQ although a date hasn't been nailed down yet.

Cheers,

KT
post #30 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 07:51 AM

Car show/gathering tonight at Flashbacks on 82nd and Center.
post #31 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 07:23 PM

Coffee Cruise Omaha

starts this Saturday
post #32 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 05:49 PM

ST Elise sighting this afternoon at the DIY car wash on N. Depot St. in Louisville.

jacksonian?
post #33 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
Scott,

Sent you a private message with my phone #. Looking forward to meeting you Saturday and maybe some other Omaha Lotus owners will come as well! Chief
So we will try to be out at the coffee cruise this coming Saturday morning. We were going to go last week but it started raining for like 10 minutes!

Who else will be out there?
post #34 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtinctElise View Post
So we will try to be out at the coffee cruise this coming Saturday morning. We were going to go last week but it started raining for like 10 minutes!

Who else will be out there?
Still deployed for another couple weeks and then I can join in the fun! Can't wait to finally be home for good and no more deployments to ruin my summer with the Lotus. I've got more mods, parts, and projects stacked up in the garage than I know what to do with. Look forward to meeting you again Scott and hopefully the rest of the Omaha area Lotus owners! Chief

Current Rides:
2008 Lotus Elise, BOE Rev300 Supercharger, ACT HDSS performance clutch, + host of other upgrades,
Summer Ride
post #35 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 03:17 PM

I had a CO sighting on Offutt last week.

You guys better rally to make the Ice Cream Cruise this year. I'd like to check out your cars!

Ice Cream Cruise FB link

KT
post #36 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 09:11 AM

Busy fall with upgrades!

Hi all,

Truly enjoying my retirement from the Air Force. Finally have time to do some upgrades that have been sitting in my garage for months. Every deployment to an undisclosed location in Southeast Asia allowed me to research upgrades and put some money away for the toys! So I've been busy with the following:

Did the Radium Engineering Clam Shell kit so I can now remove the rear clam in minutes versus hours. I have to tell you I was apprehensive tearing apart my car like that but the kit was pretty well documented and I took my time over a weekend to do the install. While I had the rear clam shell off I took the time to install a new Borla muffler. This gives it the deeper sound I was looking for and introduces some burbles without the backfires I was getting from another after market muffler I bought on E-Bay and resold. The Borla muffler was an inch off-center so I had to cut an inch off the pipe from the stock pipe off the catalytic converter and you should have seen my neigbors looking at me as I dismantled a Lotus and put the grinding wheel on it and sparks shooting out of the garage. Classic!

Also did the Manly motor mount on the rear mount in preparation for upgrades Phil and Andrew at BOE are doing this week. Next time I have the clam off I will do the front mount and possibly the side mounts. With the rear mount I couldn't feel any difference in vibrations so that was good.

Since you have to remove the seats to install the clam kit, I replaced the rear speakers with JL Audio Evolution C2-525x's. Wow, what a difference that made with just two speakers. I will be replacing the fronts hopefully over winter with the same JL Audio speakers and a new power amp (JL Audio XD 700/5) and will be making a custom cabinet for a woofer (JL Audio 8W3v3) that will go behind the passenger foot rest. That should give me the audio to enjoy when I'm just cruising around.

The car is now at BOE where Phil and Andrew just did the first dyno pull before they do the REV300 TVS blower installation. Here is the link:

The motor is basically stock with a K&N CAI and the Borla muffler as the only mods. It pulled 160whp average on the 3 pulls he did. You've got to love the sound of the Borla muffler and the dyno spin up sounding like a jet engine.

Along with the REV300 they are doing the Total Oil Control pan and putting in the HDSS ACT clutch so it will be able to handle the increased HP. I don't track the car yet so I'm keeping with pretty simple setups for the street that should be very driveable yet give me the feel of what Lotus should have done from the start with relation to HP and acceleration performance.

And as everyone before me has talked about on the Forums, the folks at BOE are simply incredible. I was met when I dropped the car off by Phil's wife and then Andrew showed up shortly afterwards and gave me a tour of the shop and I got to see Phil's Elise close-up. Wow, what a monster that car is and if you've seen some of his clips on You-Tube you know what I mean. The car is simply awesome in person as is their shop. I can't say enough good things about the experience so far! By the end of the week I should be picking up the car for the drive back to Omaha. The hard part will be not getting pulled over by the State Patrol!

Mark
Attached Images

Current Rides:
Summer Ride
post #37 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 09:22 AM
Plug Whisperer

Hey Mark!

Car looks great and I'm sorry I missed you! I will see you when you pick it up. In the meantime, we'll be converting your baby into something even a little more special

Cheers!

Phil

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 485+whp REV X

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works 6 SPD 435WHP || 2014 Black Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP|| 2011 White Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

www.boefab.com: We Build Champions | Products-Service-Advice

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable
post #38 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbophil View Post
Hey Mark!

Car looks great and I'm sorry I missed you! I will see you when you pick it up. In the meantime, we'll be converting your baby into something even a little more special

Cheers!

Phil
Hey Phil,

Look forward to meeting you when I pick up the baby! Andrew was a great host and I had a great time touring the shop and looking at all the projects. Thanks for the dyno video. That's the first time I've heard my car from outside the cockpit at that kind of throttle and I thought it sounded pretty good! Can't wait to see what excitement the REV300 TVS blower adds to the car. When I did my truck with a Procharger DS-1 the change was simply amazing. That truck hauls keester now! I'm sure the change to the Lotus will be just as amazing! Mark

Current Rides:
Summer Ride
post #39 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 09:26 AM

Smile Looking good

Hey Mark,

I did not get notified of the thread updates, I wish i could have stopped by to see the car with the rear clam off. We will definitely have to get together when you get the car back before the cold weather hits. I have been testing a few mods and the last dyno run showed I was at 215HP which was shocking due to the limited mods i have made. Hopefully you still have my phone number and can give me a buzz when you get your car back!

PS, I have a lift in my garage if you need help accessing anything better (like an oil change!)
post #40 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtinctElise View Post
Hey Mark,

I did not get notified of the thread updates, I wish i could have stopped by to see the car with the rear clam off. We will definitely have to get together when you get the car back before the cold weather hits. I have been testing a few mods and the last dyno run showed I was at 215HP which was shocking due to the limited mods i have made. Hopefully you still have my phone number and can give me a buzz when you get your car back!

PS, I have a lift in my garage if you need help accessing anything better (like an oil change!)
Hi Scott! Still have your number although I think mine has changed since we met last. What Mods did you do? My car is back from BOE and I've been tooling around town when I get a chance. Car dyno'd out at 280HP with the REV300 kit installed and leaving the CAT and Borla exhaust on. Scary quick and can break traction in second gear when I romp on it. Took off the K&N and went with their BOE Cup Box for the intake as it will be easier to change filters. Thanks for the offer on the lift, I may take you up on that some day.

Mark

Current Rides:
Summer Ride
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > Central Plains Region

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in