Anyone have power door locks start going up and down on its own? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Anyone have power door locks start going up and down on its own?

Well on track this weekend I start hearing a click, click, click... So I go in pits and find my power door lock going up and down on there own. I am not 100% sure if it's power locks or alarm arming and locking doors on and off. It's not all the time up and down, but random as driving and when parked and ignition off it auto locks on and off then locks and stops in lock position.

I tried unplugging the console lock switch but still same. I ended up pulling the lock fuse as a quick fix. I also tried the "alarm off" pin and code seemed to turn off alarm with confirm beep, but then alarm still arms itself.

Any ideas?

2007 Lotus Exige S

Current 2007 Exige S TOURING PACK, TRACK PACK, LSD, Aspen White, BOE Torque300, Tank,2bular muffler, Larini header/Decat, RLS Intercooler, Intercooler Vent Ducts/tubes PENSKE SINGLE-ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS, CUPdiscs-Front ULTRAdisc rear, Lotus AP 4 Pot Calipers, Fidanza lightweight flywheel, ACT HDSS Clutch......way too much to list..

Past 2014 Arial Atom
Past Lotus- 2005 Elise, BOE REV400TVS,Nikasil SB, Arias pistons,....et cetera-track monster

Last edited by qz5gxt; 07-19-2016 at 05:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 07:54 PM

I've started getting this every once in awhile. No idea on cause or fix. Happens when I shut off the car. 2008 S240
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 06:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbecker View Post
I've started getting this every once in awhile. No idea on cause or fix. Happens when I shut off the car. 2008 S240
Mine started doing it on Saturday on track one or two times and I was not sure where the click click came from. Then on Sunday I kept hearing click click lick more often when I found it was door locks going up and down when driving. Then became more frequent.

Anyone have any idea? Again I tried removing the console lock switch to see if faulty switch but still does it. It is both doors. I removed fuse that is for power locks only for temp fix for now.

Power locks or passive alarm issue? With fuse in and I turn off car after about same amount of time door locks goes up and down a few times then lock doors. It never passive armed before.

Current 2007 Exige S TOURING PACK, TRACK PACK, LSD, Aspen White, BOE Torque300, Tank,2bular muffler, Larini header/Decat, RLS Intercooler, Intercooler Vent Ducts/tubes PENSKE SINGLE-ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS, CUPdiscs-Front ULTRAdisc rear, Lotus AP 4 Pot Calipers, Fidanza lightweight flywheel, ACT HDSS Clutch......way too much to list..

Past 2014 Arial Atom
Past Lotus- 2005 Elise, BOE REV400TVS,Nikasil SB, Arias pistons,....et cetera-track monster

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 07:14 AM

If it is only doing it when you are in it/near it I vote the key fob
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 07:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by exigegus View Post
If it is only doing it when you are in it/near it I vote the key fob
Thanks, I did have both fobs with me this weekend and might be using backup fob for the first time. When I get home I will get new batteries in both and test each fob with other one out of range. This sounds like it could be it, I hope.

Past 2014 Arial Atom
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 07:19 AM Thread Starter

Tried both key FOBs separate and was not the issue. But I took console out and found when moving the main wire harness by metal forward under dash console tube locks open/shut. So took out forward metal console and found micro hole in tape wrap rubbing to metal console. So unwrapped checked all wires and rewrapped with heavy duty plastic insulation electric tape and no issues anymore. Seems I found it...

Past 2014 Arial Atom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in