Buying Braille/Deka battery NCI bracket from RLS (really light stuff) - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 55
Buying Braille/Deka battery NCI bracket from RLS (really light stuff)

Hi all, looks like the NCI/RLS battery bracket is what I will go for. Couple of questions before I put through an order:

a) Is RLS now promptly shipping again since change of ownership in June?
b) I see old photos of red and black brackets. Website now shows only black so assume red is no longer an option?
noisuf is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 07:32 PM
The Enforcer
 
oldmansan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Los Alamitos, CA
Posts: 5,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisuf View Post
Hi all, looks like the NCI/RLS battery bracket is what I will go for. Couple of questions before I put through an order:

a) Is RLS now promptly shipping again since change of ownership in June?
b) I see old photos of red and black brackets. Website now shows only black so assume red is no longer an option?
I'd contact them first. I haven't dealt with RLS since Thomasio sold it. RLS hasn't been the same since, but this community needs to support the limited vendors we have when possible. That said I'd rely on my credit card's ability to dispute a charge if needed. Just my opinion.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
oldmansan is online now  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmansan View Post
I'd contact them first. I haven't dealt with RLS since Thomasio sold it. RLS hasn't been the same since, but this community needs to support the limited vendors we have when possible. That said I'd rely on my credit card's ability to dispute a charge if needed. Just my opinion.

San
Thanks San. Have alreadynsent email and also via website.

The GRP bracket is forna smaller Braille battery and the Iconetic doesn't look like it fully clamps the battery. So running out of options.
noisuf is offline  
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 08:22 PM
The Enforcer
 
oldmansan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Los Alamitos, CA
Posts: 5,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisuf View Post
Thanks San. Have alreadynsent email and also via website.

The GRP bracket is forna smaller Braille battery and the Iconetic doesn't look like it fully clamps the battery. So running out of options.
Braille and Deka/Big Crank (and dozens of other names) batteries that are all the exact same (but for the label) are made by EastPenn here in the USA. Please don't make the mistake of paying twice the price for a Braille for no good reason. I've posted this several times here but just want to make sure you're aware of that. I personally use a Shorai LFX-36.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
oldmansan is online now  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 55
Thank San. Appreciate you looking out for me.

I use Deka batteries in my other cars so the ETX20L looks like a good option.
noisuf is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Electrical

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome