IAT Sensor Wiring Help Needed For 06 Exige N/A to Exige S Conversion - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

IAT Sensor Wiring Help Needed For 06 Exige N/A to Exige S Conversion

Hello,

Anyone have a pin-out diagram for connecting the IAT sensor for the inter-cooler for an Exige S? I have a 2006 Exige and the Bosch 0 261 230 042 sensor for the inter-cooler and the cut harness to the sensor and believe the wires are as follows:
1 Yellow: TMAP Gnd
2 Brown/Green: Temp SIG
3 Grey: MAP +5V
4 Orange/Green: MAP SIG

Looks like Lotus is calling it a TMAP sensor and says the temp signal isn't used but I want to check to see if someone already has this sorted out. If someone has done this or knows help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Chuck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 05:35 AM

You've got the pinout right. An easy way to see if the temperature portion is connected to the ECU is to key on and see if you 5V at pin #2 when the sensor is not connected. It is not uncommon to just buy a few TMAPs then use some of them for just pressure since it keeps the part count down

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

"Lots Of Trouble; Usually Serious"
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

If I had an 07 to look at it would be pretty easy to figure out but unfortunately I do not have access to one that I could trace the wires on. I am pretty sure that only three of the 4 wires are necessary but I need to know where they go to the ECU. Other people have done this and I am hoping someone will see this and share the secret wiring diagram.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 12:36 PM

Click on this link from BOE, there is a PDF file there that shows exactly:

BOE Fabrication - Lotus Elise, Exige, and Evora Performance ECM Tuning Products
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Thank you. So from the instructions it looks like I need the yellow from my harness to ground and the brown with green stripe to location A1 on the ECU. Looks like the connector will be empty so I will need the pin. Anyone know where I can purchase a few? I have the tools for crimping them and have them figured out for many of the other Lotus connectors but not the ECU. Also, is it correct that I do not need to connect the other 2 wires from the harness? If not where do they go and why would Lotus leave them on the connector? Seems wasteful for Lotus to actually give extra wires. I am looking to get the sensor functioning as a stock Exige S so if I need those wires hooked up I need to know where.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Ok I think I finally have this figured out from the info shared here and what I dug up. I finally got my hands on a wire diagram that had the TMAP sensor note as I purchased everything form Lotus back in 06 and recently did it again and basically everything older than 2011 is now gone so you can't buy it from them anymore and have to find it "other ways". So, with the description from the Lotus Service Notes in the MP section and after seeing the BOE instructions about the red wire going to A1 on the right side connector I finally think I pieced it together. Here it is for people doing this on their own:

The stock sensor has 4 wires and here is where they all go:

1 Yellow - RD2 - right side ECU connector. Can splice into TMAF sensor wire which is also yellow

2 Brown/Green (NG) - RA1 - right side connector position A1, currently empty and need a pin for the connector body

3 Grey (S) - RL4 - right side connector position L4

4 Orange/Green (OG) - Right side connector position B1

Now all I need is a source for the little connector pins and I can make up my own harness. Anyone know the part number or is willing to part with a few? They look like AMP connector pins 183025-1 which are used in the tail light harness but I doubt I am that lucky as I have a bag of them here. I could I guess pull one out and measure it with a set of calipers and search the 10,000 page AMP catalog again but my eyes are still crossed after figuring out the switches and tail light connectors in the car.

Quick update for anyone doing this on a 2006 Exige. You can purchase the connector body and pins from here:

http://www.radiumauto.com/T4e-ECU-Co...otus-P253.aspx

Then just make the harness for the sensor and transfer one wire at a time from the black connector to your new black connector. When you are done you will have a harness that looks exactly like what Lotus did on the 07 S.

Last edited by chuck_risen; 01-18-2014 at 08:18 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 03:36 AM

how did it go? Did you encounter any other trouble or any new Tips? Since i need to do this Myself.

Kind Regards,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in