Need help ID'ing power sources for 12v constant, switched, and accessory switched - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By helicopter12

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 03:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
My car: 07 Exige S
I may not be calling these things by the correct name...

I have three gauges. One is a clock and needs constant 12v. The other two are AFR and Boost and require some initialization time and need to be connected to a switched 12v source that STAYS ON while the motor is cranking.

Right now my car is apart and no battery connected, so I can't do that fun wire-hopping exercise with a voltmeter at the moment.

I am hoping someone can tell me the behavior of our switched 12v sources. If I am reading this diagram correctly, can I use my head-unit's 12v power as a safe constant from the battery (is this the equivalent to fuse F15 in the front box??) while using cabin Fuse C2 as a source for the AFR and Boost gauges that need power DURING startup?

Looks like I just need to avoid fuses C1-C2 but I am not sure if I am translating "ignition", "battery", and "start drop out" correctly.

Or do I need to wire my own new fused constant from the POS+ tap in the front?

Thanks!
Attached Images

-Smoky

Last edited by Smoky; 09-13-2018 at 07:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky View Post
If I am reading this diagram correctly, can I use my head-unit's 12v power as a safe constant from the battery (is this the equivalent to fuse F15 in the front box??) while using cabin Fuse C2 as a source for the AFR and Boost gauges that need power DURING startup?

Looks like I just need to avoid fuses C1-C2 but I am not sure if I am translating "ignition", "battery", and "start drop out" correctly.

Or do I need to wire my own new fused constant from the POS+ tap in the front?
Logically, the AUX power socket it always on in this car and is labeled as "BATTERY" which implies anything that is labeled "BATTERY" will be on constantly. This means that for your F15 fuse should work for your constant power. I would honestly tap into the AUX power socket F1 just because it already has a larger fuse, and most people don't use it that much so its as if your gauges are on their own circuit in a way.

For the AFR and Boost gauges I would go off of the radio key-in C3 fuse as the radio does not turn off while cranking the car. This one I am not too sure about as I am not sure if the radio ignition wire is directly connected to that fuse or not. Anyone else know this better?

Hopefully this helps a little?
Smoky likes this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 06:26 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks I've got it sorted out now

-Smoky

Last edited by Smoky; 09-14-2018 at 07:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in