Rearview Mirror Monitor - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By exigegus
  • 1 Post By Jenna'sEspritTurbo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Rearview Mirror Monitor

This is my first thread here since buying my Lotus Exige. I am starting this to improve my rearview through mounting a Pyle license plate camera coupled with an Autovox rearview mirror display (2 RCA inputs) and doubles as a forward looking dash cam mounted in the back of the mirror.

My intent is to use an OEM tactile switch that has the LED illumination mounted to the shift console. The concept is that the rearview camera turns on with the ignition for any backing of the vehicle and then may be left on as a rearview, or turned off with the tactile switch.

Here is the circuit that I am considering:

Now all I have to do is integrate the same switch that turn on the driving lights. This switch appears to be the same as this data sheet:http://www.apem.com/files/apem/broch...IP-mom-ENG.pdf

So the trouble I am having is figuring how this switch actually works, how I should integrate it into this circuit and the resistor value I should use to protect the LED.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 09:44 AM

The driving light switch is self latching, unlike some of the others.

My rear view camera setup is just on with the ignition, it has a switch on its face if I want to shut it off for some reason.

I guess I don't understand what you are trying to do with the circuit
Gotham1 likes this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 04:42 PM
You can't make this up

Just did this on my Esprit

I just installed the Auto-Vox Cam 1 Super Nite Vision Environment Sensor with LED lights and the rear view mirror cam by them also model T6000 They were awesome. There is an optional wire loop you cut if you want to have the guiding lines in the rear camera. I opted not to do that I tied the license plate camera into the reverse light hot wire. Simple and straight forward. I ran the cable up the rear right side along the roof line and past the right side upper door sill down the right A pillar into the glove box. I figured to use the glove box for easy access to the camera filter and fuse. I ran the front rear view mirror to the windshield and across the upper head liner to the right A pillar down into the glove box also and connected the rear cam to the coax there. I used a ground that is on the door frame on the right that already has a ground on it and there was one that bolt that wasn't being used. That was my ground point. I then ran a accessory wire and a constant hot wire to the wiring for the radio. There was a hot there that wasn't being used so that became my Battery positive wire and the other I tied into the accessory connection that activates with the key. Other then everything be very tight it was trouble free and works awesome. I highly recommend it as a combo. There are pictures on the latest Penelope Pitstop Resurrection page here under Esprits tab. Good luck and enjoy.
Gotham1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in