The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

iPod Mounting Bracket?

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  RSands 
#1 ·
There's been a lot of talk about connecting an iPod to the stereo system, but I haven't heard much about mounting solutions. Do must people just have a wire hanging out from under the dash with their iPod sitting in their lap?

I don't think the normal Apple iPod dock would hold the iPod securly enough for aggressive driving. If you brake suddenly, it's going to fly out.

What aftermarket docks are available? A simple metal bracket (titanium of couse!) could stick out from under the dash with the dock mounted to it. Anyone done something like this?

#3 ·
saffron said:
What aftermarket docks are available? A simple metal bracket (titanium of couse!) could stick out from under the dash with the dock mounted to it. Anyone done something like this?
It's been on my project list for a while now. ;) I agree, a simple metal bracket could do the trick.

#4 ·
I have the cable coming out of the pocket, just below the light/start button cluster. I clip my plain iPod case onto the tiny aluminum shelf to the left of the steering column. It stays in place perfectly and also is out of sight for when I park the car for quick errands.

#7 ·
eliseum said:
I have the cable coming out of the pocket, just below the light/start button cluster. I clip my plain iPod case onto the tiny aluminum shelf to the left of the steering column. It stays in place perfectly and also is out of sight for when I park the car for quick errands.

What do you use to clip it?

#8 ·
I posted this thread a few months ago and think it might be of some help here. I am currently using a traq-mate data aquisition on it but it's very versatile. Funny, I just bought my girlfriend a U2 iPod the other day. Maybe I need one now. By the way, the iPod car mount with the suction cup that grabs the back of the iPod works great!

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10590&highlight=f-150

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.