Drive from Dallas to Santa Cruz - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Drive from Dallas to Santa Cruz

I have to be mad but I'm driving my 2010 Exige 240S (Vision function upgrade 280WHP) from Dallas to Santa Cruz. I figure it will be more fun in the Summer in Santa Cruz where I spend a third of my time anyway. Not sure why I am telling you all this but if you see me broke down in West Texas or on I10 in the middle of Arizona stop and give me a bottle of water. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 06:49 PM
Sold my Exige S

Have you had SERE training?

Nah, several of us have done long road trips void of problems. Drove my Exige 1100mi round trip in 2011 on some 4-year old A048s AND did a track day in between without any fuss, but I wouldn't recommend that if rain is in the forecast!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Ill take a shotgun with me. I meant to leave it in Santa Cruz when I drove my motorhome back to Texas last week. I realized I did not leave it behind when I got to Sedona! Not sure it will fit in the trunk thou. Not sure I can fit a gun rack. Sawn off would fit I suppose :-)

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydeacon View Post
I have to be mad but I'm driving my 2010 Exige 240S (Vision function upgrade 280WHP) from Dallas to Santa Cruz. I figure it will be more fun in the Summer in Santa Cruz where I spend a third of my time anyway. Not sure why I am telling you all this but if you see me broke down in West Texas or on I10 in the middle of Arizona stop and give me a bottle of water. :-)

I've done that drive a few times from San Antonio but as you know there aren't many turns once you hit the 10 lol best of luck, at least your beating the mid-summer heat if you leave right away

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2006 Phantom Black Elise --- Full Carbon Fiber Interior, Composite Worx CF Seats, AP Racing Big Brake Kit
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 07:18 PM
Tire abuser

Garage
Motor home one way and Lotus the other? That's awesome! Talk about opposites.... I am jealous, I love a good road trip. Be careful out there, and bring it back to Dallas soon!

'06 Arctic Silver Elise | Touring |Traction Control |Supercharged | ST exhaust | Nitron singles | BWR anti-sway bar | RTD brace | V2 Arms | SS brake lines | Harness bar and Schroth harnesses | sys.6.pack |shifter reinforced | Ultralite lines | cup air box | Sport inserts | DBW Pedals | TALLrails | Team Dynamics 1.2's | TOC Oil Pan | ProRad | FW Torque tune | BOE surge tank and catch can | Radium Clam Kit
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 08:36 PM

Loose SCruz

Land of good'ol 'merican cowboys working for coors vs land of new age rasta beggars. Wouldn't somewhere in between do?

@k20elise | Honda-powered Lotus FB Group | 2016 Yamaha Super Tenere | 1990 Mazda "Elan" (MX-5) 1.6l spec race car | 2013 Mini Cooper S | 2009 F-150 tow
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 09:35 PM

Some of my best memories are the long road trips in my cars. Take the more scenic routes and enjoy!

2006 Lotus Exige (S)-Nightfall Blue
2003 Dodge Viper
2005 Mercedes SL55 AMG
2016 Toyota Mirai (Hydrogen Car)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Ill take the direct route not so much fun but at least it will not slow on the hills like my motorhome does. Leaving May 6th or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Roadtrip!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in