LOG35 East Coast Convoy - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

LOG35 East Coast Convoy

So, they have announced that the LOG35 will be in Colorado, and I want to go. I am in the DC area and thinking we can start tossing around some fun ideas.

So far, I know a crazy redneck in Indiana where we can camp one night. He has a "racetrack" and some cars we can probably toss around. Or any support vehicles.

The next day could possibly be a visit to BOE to pick up Phil. Phil, this is my formal invitation to you.

Then we'd land in CO the next day for those festivities and then the return trip.

My thinking is that Almighty, Fermi, Silver Surfer, etc should go or be excluded from all future outings, right? Along the way, we could pick up anyone who wants to join. For now, I just want to see how feasible such a trip is, what kind of interest there will be, those sorta things so people can take time off of work and book the hotel in CO before it fills up

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

"Lots Of Trouble; Usually Serious"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 10:20 AM

Book your hotel now. It's refundable.

Phil Ethier Minnesota USA
1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2017 Ford Fusion (wife had to stop driving manual due to shoulder problem), Oxford White.
2006 Gulf Stream Conquest Super C
http://www.mnautox.com
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by philethier View Post
Book your hotel now. It's refundable.

Exactly. I've booked mine already. Although it will happen, I'm trying to minimize the number of guys/gals on the east coast who decide at the last minute they want to go but can't get a room. The long drive IS possible!

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 09:16 AM

Would it be crazy if we drove to you guys and then drove to Log35 together? I'm thinking of taking 2 weeks for that trip. May take a week to reach you guys..just cuz we never been across the country before. Something to think about.

2005 Lotus Elise (Starlight Black)
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 01:51 PM

Caravan

I am planning to head up a group leaving Chicago heading to CO for LOG. Let me know if you guys would want to stop through here and continue on.

I do not have farm land to camp in, but I do have some fun toys to look at if you stop through.

Bill Nuccio
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCIBBN View Post
I am planning to head up a group leaving Chicago heading to CO for LOG. Let me know if you guys would want to stop through here and continue on.

I do not have farm land to camp in, but I do have some fun toys to look at if you stop through.

Bill Nuccio

My brother and his wife live in Chicago, so I was already thinking of that one. Kinda turns it into a tour of America, haha

post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 11:54 PM

Biggest LOG ever? Let's have a pre-LOG35 warmup!

I hear there will be some caravans trekking to CO Springs from the West Coast, too. Maybe, there is a chance to meet somewhere along the Continental Divide with the East Coast trekkers and have a pre-LOG35 warmup and then forcefully conquer the event together? I'm planning on a 10-14 day road trip myself and need to fill the calendar. LOG27 (Aspen/Snowmass) was my first and only long road trip I ever undertook in the Elise and I am longing for another one. Any votes?
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-10-2014, 06:31 AM
insert clever title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAR View Post
I hear there will be some caravans trekking to CO Springs from the West Coast, too. Maybe, there is a chance to meet somewhere along the Continental Divide with the East Coast trekkers and have a pre-LOG35 warmup and then forcefully conquer the event together? I'm planning on a 10-14 day road trip myself and need to fill the calendar. LOG27 (Aspen/Snowmass) was my first and only long road trip I ever undertook in the Elise and I am longing for another one. Any votes?
Cool idea, but the continental divide is quite a ways (hours) west of Colorado Springs so you won't be getting east coast caravans to meet you there (I think?).

Taking a scenic route through western Colorado will take a couple days (longer if you spend time in any cities along the way) but is totally worth it. Avoid I-70 and enjoy some of the great back roads we have to offer. Our local club can help with road suggestions if needed.

'05 Elise, Magnetic Blue / Biscuit / Hardtop
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-10-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG View Post
Cool idea, but the continental divide is quite a ways (hours) west of Colorado Springs so you won't be getting east coast caravans to meet you there (I think).
True, Matt. What if we all were to meet Friday morning on top of Mt. Evans (14,264 ft), the highest paved and drivable road in No. America, and get the real "Rocky Mtn. High" experience out of the way? From there it's around 130 mi. to CO Springs and we can easily make the LOG35 registration in the afternoon. Anyone up for it?
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-11-2014, 09:57 AM

I'm up for it. We can meet you in Rocklin and plan a drive to log35. We dont camp though, so maybe a nearby hotel.

post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-11-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldsha View Post
I'm up for it. We can meet you in Rocklin and plan a drive to log35. We dont camp though, so maybe a nearby hotel.
John, glad you'd like to join in. No, camping on this trip would not be part of my planning either. Depending on how big the group will grow, we might have to do more detail work on logistics leading up to the event.
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-12-2014, 03:05 PM

What days are you guys booking your hotel for? Is it 20th-24th or 21st to 24th or is there some post events in Colorado? I want to book, but not sure for which days.

post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-12-2014, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
What days are you guys booking your hotel for? Is it 20th-24th or 21st to 24th or is there some post events in Colorado? I want to book, but not sure for which days.

Check-in on the 20th; checkout on the 24th

http://www.lotusownersgathering.com

post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-12-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Well, after checking LOG35's itinerary, I'm a little confused, too.
LOG35 - Hotel
According to their schedule, registration starts at noon on Fri, Aug. 21, and ends at 5:30pm. I have no idea where the Thursday, Aug. 20, date comes from. I guess, we have to see if their schedule changes. As far as I'm concerned, I tend to believe Fri, Aug. 21, 2015 should be the check-in date/time and Mon, Aug. 24, 2015 should be the check-out date. Maybe the hotel knows better?

Last edited by TCAR; 10-12-2014 at 06:43 PM.
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 06:41 AM
insert clever title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAR View Post
Well, after checking LOG35's itinerary, I'm a little confused, too.
LOG35 - Hotel
According to their schedule, registration starts at noon on Fri, Aug. 21, and ends at 5:30pm. I have no idea where the Thursday, Aug. 20, date comes from. I guess, we have to see if their schedule changes. As far as I'm concerned, I tend to believe Fri, Aug. 21, 2015 should be the check-in date/time and Mon, Aug. 24, 2015 should be the check-out date. Maybe the hotel knows better?
Right, it's a Friday through Monday event...I'm not sure where the Thursday talk is coming from. If you're doing the track day on Monday, you might want to check out on Tuesday instead.

'05 Elise, Magnetic Blue / Biscuit / Hardtop
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Sorry guys, I had read the dates off the site without thinking into it. I had booked my room for 21-24, too, already

post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG View Post
... If you're doing the track day on Monday, you might want to check out on Tuesday instead.
Good idea Matt. That is how I booked before seeing this thread.

Pikes Peak International Raceway is only about 1/2 hour from the Marriott host hotel. Way nicer to leave the luggage at the hotel and have the room lined up after a tiring day. For those not doing the Track Day, I just noticed the schedule also includes Scenic Drives on Monday, followed by cocktails at six at the host hotel. Pretty much a perfect Lotus day either way! Would be leaving town Tuesday AM.

LOG35 - Hotel

Love the interest from around the country. I will be heading south, probably through Montana, Idaho and Utah.

Stu

Stu
Calgary AB
'69 Elan Plus 2
'00 Esprit V8
'87 BMW M6 & '84 BMW R100RT
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-08-2014, 08:01 PM

Just booked for Aug 21-24th. Hopefully able to caravan with some of you guys.

post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-08-2014, 10:12 PM

There is another race track near the event.' High plaines race way. It is close say hour away and worth doing
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-08-2014, 11:26 PM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Any southerns taking the I20 - I30 through Texas?

'17 Evora Sport 410 GP (No. 1 of 9) LMS alloy pan, BOE headers, SSC harness bar
'12 Evora S GP (No. 1 of 14) BOE Prototype S 430 **SOLD**
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Roadtrip!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in