4Likes
  • 1 Post By Tazicon
  • 1 Post By brgelise
  • 1 Post By Kubera
  • 1 Post By VtotheJ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Resting B*tch Face

Could never figure out why I disliked the rear view of all current Audi sedans so much then I saw this picture in my LASWER facial esthetics course called "resting bitrch face". Audi has nailed it! So now it is complete. I have always hated the grill since 2006 and rear view has also been an issue visually. Only thing they have goinf\g for them is fact that Lexus out-coyote uglied them with that grill of theirs!

16 Maserati GranTurismo Sport Ext Campio /Grigio Chronos w/full MC Carbon Fiber interior trim, Stock for now
18 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Visconti Verde/Brown Leather Remus Catback,Eurocompulsion Phase 2 V2 intake, 390HP/443ft-lb Tq!
16 Range Rover Sport HSE, Montalcino Red w/Ivory Leather-[/COLOR]- 456HP/412ft-lb Tq
12 Maxda MX-5 Miata GT PRHT True Red/Black leather
11 Lotus Evora "S" Persian Blue, Grey/Black Suedetex/Leather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 08:29 AM

What picture??
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 08:52 AM

Garage
I had to Google that stuff to see what you were talking about. I guess I never really disliked Audi grills, kind of indifferent but I will concur that Lexis is the worst.
PLAY-DOH likes this.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 09:08 AM

Hey now , be nice or we will have to talk about forcoln's and MKC's

We all have opinions

Lotus S4 Turbo
Evora
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Its that frown look a woman (I'm avoiding gender wars) gives when she disapproves and is essentially expressionless. On the trunk lid, its that downturn from center to corners.

Say what you want about my MKC, it is definitely a sleeper and I'm quite confident I could run with anything in its HP class. Best SUV the Americans have built. I've taken it up thru my mountain twisties at speeds that would have the DTC screaming in my X5's with nary a twitch. Not many parts in common with an Escape BTW. Leather better than any Nevada BMW product, actually more Jaguar quality...maybe its from the connections of the past.

If you see a pic of RBF and then look at an A7 rear view you'll get it.

It's a joke son (FL) --Foghorn Leghorn.

16 Maserati GranTurismo Sport Ext Campio /Grigio Chronos w/full MC Carbon Fiber interior trim, Stock for now
18 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Visconti Verde/Brown Leather Remus Catback,Eurocompulsion Phase 2 V2 intake, 390HP/443ft-lb Tq!
16 Range Rover Sport HSE, Montalcino Red w/Ivory Leather-[/COLOR]- 456HP/412ft-lb Tq

Last edited by brgelise; 08-16-2017 at 04:19 AM.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 01:42 PM
KCZ

Garage
Is there any point to this thread other than to be offensive to and about women?

2011 Evora S 2+2 in Persian Blue with Oyster
2003 350Z, Track edition
2013 Boxster S 981
2014 Xterra, for 6 months of winter and mud season
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 03:38 PM
SOS

I don't follow. Resting bitch face is when, at rest, your face unintentionally looks angry, leading people to think that you're a "bitch" when really you're not. It's also not gender specific. So I don't get it. When the face or back of a car is ugly, it's just well, ugly.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 04:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Is there any point to this thread other than to be offensive to and about women?
It's called humour. RBF is actually a commonly used term in cosmetic circles. I'm sure many men (which way they swing irrespective) have this look also. Maybe you had it reading this thread? It is a primary reason for the facelift and in my case, Smoothlase treatments. There is nothing offensive about it. I was simply making this point because I've been trying to figure out what it was about that design language I couldn't warm to. The Mercedes CLS also suffered from this look. Jaguar avoided it.
It is a complete contrast to the smiley face of NA and NC Miatas which went on to be the visions behind the wildly successful movies "Cars".

Sheeshhh
XHILR8N! likes this.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 07:04 PM

Garage
For those who still don't know about RBF, this PSA may help:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
As many men suffer from resting a** h*** face, if not more than women who suffer from bitchy resting face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOS View Post
I don't follow. Resting bitch face is when, at rest, your face unintentionally looks angry, leading people to think that you're a "bitch" when really you're not. It's also not gender specific. So I don't get it. When the face or back of a car is ugly, it's just well, ugly.
The brain has some dedicated circuits especially for recognizing two eyes and a mouth, and headlights and a grill trigger these circuits for many people. So, when many people look at the "face" of an Elise, the grill is like a huge smile. In contrast, the Audi's has RBF with an angry slant to the headlight eyes and a grill that is not smiling but is more of a frown.

The Lexus is perhaps a step further in the wrong direction:

Last edited by Parko; 08-16-2017 at 07:19 PM.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 05:37 AM
Race & Pamper

I'll take the Lexus over the Audi anyday...
Akatedjonez likes this.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubera View Post
I'll take the Lexus over the Audi anyday...
I used to have an ISF and currently have a manual '11 S4... if the F was manual I would 100% get another one. Got boring to drive after a while. I stayed in the Toyota family though by selling my ISF and getting an Exige 2 yrs ago
Kubera likes this.

'07 Lotus Exige S Phantom Black
'11 Audi S4 Sprint Blue
'98 Acura Integra LS coupe Milano Red (SOLD)
'08 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue (SOLD)
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 06:43 AM
Race & Pamper

I am having a hard time making a choice between the GS-350 (with the full luxury package, car has the most comfortable seats I have tried so far) and the Jaguar XJ-L
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 06:56 AM

Garage
I like Lexus products but they need to do something with that front grill. If it wasn't for that I would own one. Came real close to getting a GS-350 a few years back.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 07:24 AM
Race & Pamper

The 2013-15 grill for the GS-350 is ok it looks like a normal car, but I do agree that the current grill looks way (what's the word to put here???)
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

THanks for the Audi pics. I was referring to the look from behind. The downward curl of the trunk. , but you did an exceellent job explaining to me why I dislike the grill so much as well. Basically, don't like ANY angle.

The woman's face was just what I was describing. Now add 25 years to it. You know that look you get when you leave and say I'm going out for a beer.......

This thread had nothing to do with monuments, ships getting hit, extreme left or right idiots....Just plain old stupid amusement.

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 05:30 PM

They both look like an old electric razor
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 02:34 AM

Garage
I find that most German cars look too serious, understated, plain, and most of all, soulless. The designs are rarely exciting, or provoke much if any emotion.

As far as Lexus, I like the artistic take of the grilles on most of their models. Some of the models are downright ugly, but the current lineup isn't too bad, and the LC500 is gorgeous. The grille design certainly isn't "pretty", but its striking, no arguing that. In a world of "don't look at me or see me luxury cars", I think it should get more credit then they have been.

Mazda and Alfa though.... They are killing it with their designs. Just wish they'd offer more variety in models.

'05 Lotus Elise Touring Hardtop-REV400+Track mods
'94 Mazda RX-7 Twin Turbo-Reliability mods
'09 Dodge Viper VOIX edition-no mods
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 03:28 AM

Garage
A few years back we got a Toyota Land Cruiser. Would have had the Lexus were it not for that hideous styling experiment they are running. Shows how good their vehicles are though, people but them en masse even with that front end.

Anyone can make something complicated. It takes genius to make it simple. Einstein.
2011 Evora S Racing Heritage Edition (#3 of 4) (Now with alexsharkeyross)
2005 Elise LRG, track prepped ,
1974 Lotus Europa Special 3841R in JPS livery
2007 Toyota Tundra (about 10 cup holders), traded for 2015 Tundra TRD PRO
2007 Audi S4 DTM (RIP) 1980 Rover SD1 (new home) 2015 Honda Civic Si
2016 370Z Nismo
2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed 2019 Lexus LC500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Other Cars and Comparisons

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in