Vanderhall - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Vanderhall

Anyone here have (or have extensively driven) a Vanderhall? Which model? Impressions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 05:15 AM

Rented a Venice on turo while in Miami for a week. Got to know it pretty well even though it's a simple car.
It's a cool cruiser. We put a lot of miles on it cruising south Beach and the highways.

It uses Chevy econobox running gear so it doesn't make an inspiring engine note, the trans is lazy. I wouldn't try corners with it.

But it was surprisingly comfortable got lots of attention and waves even down in Miami.

So it depends on what you want. I'd say it's a good imitation of the Morgan with none of the soul.

What do you have questions about?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Wanted to hear overall impressions and thoughts
Performance
Handling
Value
Comparison to a lightweight car

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerb0y View Post
Wanted to hear overall impressions and thoughts
Performance
Handling
Value
Comparison to a lightweight car
It's a cool car but it's not a sports car or even a sporting car.
When you put your foot down it's quick but torque steer in a 3 wheel car with a big thin rim steering wheel is a little sketchy. Again though it uses that econobox driveline which sounds like a blender, and that lazy transmission so it's not suitable for going quickly.

Handling is interesting, it's more interesting in that it feels very stable, rather than wanting to turn a corner.

Again it's a really cool cruiser, and it seemed to be built well, no real annoying squeeks or rattles to mention, and that stuff typically drives me nuts. And it did seem to drive really nicely/smoothly, but I was on miami roads which are pretty smooth

I don't know what you'd compare it to. Certainly doesn't compare at all to Lotuses, very very different in almost every way. Could compare it to the Morgan, and it is cheaper, probably similarly sketchy driving dynamics if you push it, with the morgan likely feeling a lot more lively. In that sense if you like the feeling of a vintage racer the morgan would be better, but they're all show off, cruiser cars at the end of the day and the Vanderhall does that well.

What are you looking for at the end of the day? What drew you to ask about the Vanderhalls? For less money you could get a slingshot which is another "look at me" 3 wheel cruiser but very different styling.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 12:30 PM

They're cool looking cars though, but if the retro styling is a must, then it's likely either this car or the Morgan:

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 09:16 AM

They do look cool, they look like fun, looks like its built "well enough," but 30k is a bit much and I don't think they offer a manual trans.
The slingshot is all the above and quicker, handles well enough, AND has a manual trans.
The Slingshot actually works and you can save a bunch on the admission price as well.

2 different but related vehicles, I know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Other Cars and Comparisons

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in