The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Another dust-muncher in Dubai

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Bazz 
#1 ·
Just wanted to say 'Hi'

New Exige owner from Dubai. Got my 2010 Exige (s240) 10 days ago .... loving it!!!

Only had just over 3k kilometres on the clock, so its as good as new. Quite a couple more Km's on the clock now :)

GCC spec, so its got the extra AC unit behind the seats (with this heat and this being my daily car... much needed!).

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Thanks for the comments people!

Regarding GCC spec, I believe this only involves the dual AC and standard window-tint-reflective. There is an additional AC unit behind the seats. Interestingly the standard (front) AC unit seems to give up after an hour or 2, but the back one happily boosts along. In full on sun and 40+ (Celcius) you can't have the AC on max because it would freeze your knuckles (and other bits).

I will check if there are any other differences for the GCC. I could imagine another type of air-filter but not sure.

Number plate was mounted a day after I took the pictures. I figured having a long plate with sharp edges in the cabin ...... not the best idea ever

#12 ·
Having no dealer in the country means no (or very little) cars to choose from, so the color isnt much of a choice..... But if I did have a choice I would have still chosen a black one anyway :D ... its the car and color I've always wanted.

Black isn't too bad if you have shaded parking at home and office and that double AC cools things down extremely quickly! Literally 2 minutes on highest-fan-setting and you have to switch it to the lowest fan-speed and after 5 minutes you have to switch off the extra AC behind the seats because it gets way too cold for comfort!

Will get the windows tinted (slightly) at some point in time, but really havent needed it yet.

Maybe I've just acclimatized after leaving Holland 12 years ago :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.