Sorry for the radio silence….
I felt like that last few times I worked on the car, I ended up not making much progress and didn’t really feel like posting about my ineffective work. Part of this is because everytime I look at the car, I see one or two more things that are sort of like “well, while everything is apart I might as well…” It’s like a bottomless spiral but I have to start saying no and focus on just getting this car back together.
April will be the 1 year anniversary of owning it, so I definitely want it finished by then!
But today I felt like we hit a milestone in the fact that the front end is finished minus the clam.
So what do I mean by that? Well, literally everything at the front end is back together and ready for a new clam to go on. But the car also needs an engine replacement, so I think we’ll switch gears to the back end of the car and do the front clam absolutely last (less chance of it getting knocked around in our small garage, etc.)
Quick summary of what we’ve done to this place (front end work only):
- Replaced crash structure
- New koyorad radiator
- New SS brake lines
- Repaired various cracks/small bits of damage on the radiator shrouds
- New AC dryer (got to do this when you depressurize the system)
- New AC line o-rings
- Oil coolers and lines removed (switching to a laminova setup)
- HVAC resistor pack TSB done (already had the upgraded resistor pack)
- New horn (Hella 500 mhz, same as I have on my Elise -- 6amps so can use the stock wiring)
- Repainted tow hook support
- General cleaning and tidying things up as it was apart
Here are a few pics:
Front SS lines
Rear SS lines
AC lines attached
Ready for a clam