Delete Alarm & Immobilizer on 2011 Exige - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 04:18 AM Thread Starter

Delete Alarm & Immobilizer on 2011 Exige

Hey there,

is there any chance to delete the annoying system?
I can not evan park in front of my favorite cafes because it interferres with their Wlan Devices :/

For security i would prefer to hide a battery kill switch or a switch for the fuel pumps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 05:37 AM

I would not delete the immobilizer, as it then becomes childs play to steal the car.

the immobilizer is not interfering with wifi, but perhaps the alarm might. You can choose not to set alarm
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 02:18 AM Thread Starter

30 Sek. after pulling out (the key) the immobilizer is armed you you can not start the car without pushing the button on the FOB.
So if the signal is blocked, you can not start the car.

This suxx

But it seems noone has a hint for the issue :/

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 03:10 AM

First search the forums as there are previous thread describing how to defeat the immobilizer
second,why is pushing the button a big deal?
third, there is also a thread about a guy whos newly purchased Elise was stolen because, you guessed it, the immobilizer was defeated and they just drove it away

The remote rang is short, but if you are having problems with the remote working perhaps the batteries are weak
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 04:15 AM Thread Starter

I don't have a problem to push the button..

BUT the signal gets disturbed by other electronics.
I can open the car manually, sit inside and the Car does not react if i push the button.
After i pushed the car out of the parking lot and ~ 50m away which was quite funny for all the other guests sitting outside the cafe i could disarm the alarm/immobilizer from outside as usual.

It is definetaly the frequency range that is prone to the radio waves of other devises.

When it happend first, i went to the nex gas station bought new batteries and still had the problem.
Called a friend, was driven home could ask another friend the next day to drive me again to my car.
I took my code thats attached to the spare key and was able du disarm the car manually by counting the blinking light on the dash.

That really pisses me off.

You never know where it will happen, the only way to find it out is to shut the car down and try to close the doors by pushing the Key FOB.
If the do not close, you have just a tiny 30 Sec. window after shutting the car down to ignite it again. Otherwise you are in trouble..

I think it is a better anti theft method to get a snap off steering wheel or hide a switch for the fuel pumps /battery somewhere.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 04:59 AM

Garage
I got tired of messing with the immobilizer too and I by-passed the system on my car. I understand exigegus's concerns about defeating it but my thinking is that I never really leave the car in places I'd be worried about it, and I installed a hidden kill switch that has the same function as the immobilizer but is on a toggle that I can control.

By-passing the immobilizer is easy (there's a good thread out there describing it), instead of using a wire to by-pass mine, I wired my kill switch as the by-pass so it retains the functions of the immobilizer and I didn't have to disturb any additional wiring.

2005 Ardent Red Elise, Gut Sport wing & splitter, custom diffuser, Sector111: DSBrace, gPan3, subStuffy2, Larini Sport muffler, decat pipe, Schroth Racing 5 pts, wheel studs, Team Dynamics 1.2 with Hoosier A6s, Koldflash 200 ECU flash, BOE rear clam hinge, BC Racing single adjustables, Hawk pads, SS Brake Lines, HID lights, custom tail and high mount brake light...and much more...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 07:08 AM

Garage
Something else you might consider - there's a few threads here that talk about extending the antenna for the remote...makes a WORLD of difference for the FOB range. That might make the difference between "working" and "not working", if your setup is right on the edge of "not working".

I didn't need to do it on my Lotus, but I did it on my Tesla Roadster. Went from having to stand right beside the door to get it to unlock, to a range of 40-50 ft. World of difference.

2011 Lotus Elise REV300 - Starlight Black Metallic
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
2011 Tesla Roadster 2.5 - Midnight Blue (sold)
2004 Chevy SSR Convertible Pickup - Ultra Violet (sold)

My CarPC YouTube Video - - - - - - - - - - - - - NY Times Article
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 07:24 AM

I reeeeeeeeeeallly doubt it is interference. I park 20 feet from my wifi router and it does not give me trouble.

I think you batteries are weak.

Does the car unlock successfully?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Exige

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in