Big big THANK YOU and props to da40flyer for posting this thread and dxf file up for everyone!!!
I finished mines two days ago (5 hours time with help from brother - highly recommend a second helper to make this go quicker).
First side took longer because of the trial and error of drilling and lining up the holes. The sills doesn't come with holes so I had to drill my own (9 total for me) on each side with wellnut fastners as mentioned in previous post.
I asked around but went with Jason @ discountsteel in TX per the OP and he got them to me within 2 weeks time (very smooth transaction over email)! $50 each side with $20 shipping to California = $120 total. I just reference him to this link here to download the dxf file.
Well nuts/screws and cheap carbon fiber vinyl wrap/plastic dip, door trim, misc cost probably another $60 bucks. But if you budget or already have some of the parts, can be under $150 for total project that will transform your Elige!
Hints and tips/observations - some of it below won't make much sense until you see it in person:
-The wellnuts (amazon - Rubber Well Nuts #10-24 .767 Length 3/8" Hole ) were easy to install after drilling 3/16" hole first. Recommend using drill stopper about a little less than 3/8" down from drill tip. I put two drill stoppers on top of each other just so it'll prevent the drill stopper from possibly coming loose.
-The wellnuts (because of their bottom edge design) will cause a approximate 1/8" gap between the underside and sill (will have to fill in the gap with foam tape or door trim. I haven't decided yet)
-Screws (amazon - Phillips Truss head 10-24 x 3/4") were perfect for using without washer. But if you were going to use a washer with the screw, it would barely start grabbing the well nut threads or won't at all (slighly too short). I would recommend 7/8" length screws or longer if using in conjunction with washers.
-The front of the car, don't drill to far towards the inside edge of the under body or you will hit something beyond the fiberglass that's hard (looks some structural hard plastic) so drill closer to the middle and outside. I want to say 6-8" radius away from the inside top edge. My trial and error caused about 2 half-drilled holes because of hitting this structure. The middle and back end doesn't have any obstructions right underneath the fiberglass.
-I drilled a total of nine holes. The 4 middle holes were spaced about 10"-12" inches apart, while I had 2-3 holes closer to each other on either end - 6" apart for supporting the ends.
-I decided to wrap with cheap carbon fiber vinyl wrap to see how long it will last. If it get messed up, I can unwrap it and plastic dip. Just a note on the cheaper vinyl is that it doesn't pop or have the 3d-ish look like the 3M Scotchprint 1080 I used to wrap my battered carbon fiber lip. There is no shiny texture, but more of a flat matte look to it. But it cost less than 1/3 of the price of the 3M so that also explains why.
-The back of the sill doesn't go all the way to the back edge of the car. It stops about 1" from the edge where the wheel arch lines comes down. I'm sure this was by design but just an observation on my end and you can see in the posted pictures above what I mean.
-Each side sill probably weights ~5lbs each.
Overall for a DIY project a difficulty of 4/10 after da40flyer already did the heavy lifting measuring and fitting. Hardest part is drilling the sill and matching it up with the under body and drilling the under body hoping the screws will fit once the wellnuts were in place - especially for someone who nevered drilled into the Lotus fiberglass.
Will post pics shortly.
Last edited by jhentr; 03-25-2016 at 08:04 AM.
Reason: Added pics