Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern California
exigegus, I could be a guinea pig for your single rear oil cooler data. My '06 Exige has a bone stock engine except for some oil system upgrades: S111 gPan; single rear oil cooler. I installed the rear oil cooler several years ago and made set up refinements over time based on road and track testing.
Specs for final set-up:
- OEM sandwhich plate;
- Earls 13 row oil cooler mounted in rear passenger fender;
- Air inflow is collected by a NACA duct (mounted inside of side scoop) routed through 3-inch hose to a Mocal shroud surrounding the oil cooler;
- For no-to-low air flow conditions like freeway stop and go in hot weather, I mounted a 4-inch SPAL fan above the top / outflow side of cooler, with the fan activated by a 190 degree thermo switch on the inlet hose (NOTE: power to SPAL fan is switchable from the cabin and always on OFF...have never needed to use it other than testing);
- Aeroquip StartLite hoses and Aeroquip hose ends;
- Autometer Ultra-Lite oil temp and oil pressure gauges - temp is at pan, and pressure is at sandwhich plate;
- heat insulated foil mounted on underside of rear fender;
- passenger side engine bay trim finishing panel height was shaved about 1.5 inches along length to create a heat dissipation area;
- carbon fiber blanks for oil cooler inlets for improved aero up front.
Engine bay looks stock. Oil temps come up faster, stay higher and respond predictably to driving style.
Works like a charm.
How can I help?
2006 Exige - Phantom Black
Last edited by Lotusmotion; 04-27-2017 at 08:55 AM.