Are Exige Sales slowing down? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By cyow5
  • 1 Post By Exira

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Are Exige Sales slowing down?

I had time to waste this morning, and my last thoughts are, I don't see a lot of Exige's for sale lately? So I checked a couple forums and it was confirmed.

Are Exige's trading hands and a much slower rate than Elise's ( Are they being held onto more)

Or is it just function of their being more of one than the other?

IMHO it appears that in fact yes, people who get ahold of a Exige are less inclined to sell than those with Elise's

or just the garden variety bias. I.E
( seeking that data to confirm my own hypothesis/biases)

L O T U S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 07:13 AM

I mean Elises outnumber Exiges, what, 5:1? On top of that, it is still winter for most of the country, and that tends to put a damper on sports car sales.
VisualEchos and Motard like this.

"Lots Of Trouble; Usually Serious"
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 08:17 AM

I think that right after I sold my 06 that supply went to almost 0. This was in mid December, I am thinking I may have made a mistake there!

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 08:29 AM
Addict

Garage
I'm not planning to sell my Exige anytime soon if ever. I think sales overall have slowed down but I'm not looking to buy so I might just be ignoring the for sale threads. I'm sure there will be a few for sale in the next few months as it warms up and driving season starts for the colder states.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 10:29 AM

I get asked to sell my Exige at least once a month. The want is there, but the cars really aren't, or the sellers are unreasonable with their pricing.

2006 Exige
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I'm sure it's just a function of the season and the ratios available. Just a thought. Time tells all tales!

L O T U S
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 06:54 PM

I have the bug to get into an Evora S or M2 Competition so I'll probably list my 08 Exige S240 in the spring, I looked around today and not many are up for sale.

2008 Exige S240; Craftsquare c/f Mirrors, Difflow Railer Jr Diffuser, RLS c/f end plates, Sector 111 carbon front lip, Sector 111 Harness Bar, Sector 111 Fire Extinguisher Bracket w/Haloton Extinguisher, CF Shifter Tunner, CF door panels, Radium Dual Oil Catch Cans, Radium Intercooler Silicon hoses and clamps, Sport Cat, Ohlins Sports Coilovers, Larini SC Sport Exhaust, Reverie CF Sideskirts
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 11:24 AM

I have thoughts of selling my Exige sometimes. I, too, have recently gotten the itch to get into something else. Possibly a Jaguar I-Pace. But I love my Exige. Even if I were to put in on the market, the powertrain is so heavily modified now that I'm not sure anyone would have the stomach to purchase it, no matter how well sorted it is. Plus, after all I've spent on it, the price the market would likely bear in order to sell it would mean I'd be losing about $25k in the transaction. Which, to be honest, is not something that concerns me all THAT much --- yes, it's a terrible financial move, but the experience I've had in the process of building this machine is absolutely priceless to me. All that to say, for as little inventory for Exige exist out there, there won't likely be much more than a handful available at any given time as these cars tend to stay in the hands of their owners.

I know mine will, at least for the foreseeable future.

Thinking of K-swapping? Here's an idea of the cost involved.

2006 LOTUS EXIGE (ASPEN WHITE) Honda K24A2 + MPx90 supercharger. 322whp/271lb-ft @13psi. Build thread here.
1994 AUTOZAM AZ-1 MAZDASPEED Japanese Super Kei!
2014 FIAT 500e Hydroelectric powered EV daily driver.
2007 SUZUKI SV650 Track bike.

Last edited by Butters; 03-01-2019 at 11:32 AM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 03:07 PM

I have an 07 Exige S that I got in 08 and have slowly morphed into a track-only car. I missed the street driving so last year a found (and bought) a very clean almost untouched NA 06 Exige. I rationalized to myself that I could do all the maintenance and light mods needed to make it a safe occasional track but mostly street car and then sell it. I love working on these cars. My guess is that I'll not sell it but this thread is helping me feel better about my rationalization.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

2007 Exige S
Stripped down and turned into a track animal
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 03:35 PM

My Exige is my every day car and my Evora S is for the long trip. I will only sell my Exige if I can buy the v6 Exige that's can be driven legally on the road here in US. I missed the Evora's v6 supercharger when I'm in my Exige. The v6 Exige will be perfect for me.
Motard likes this.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 03:43 PM

What engine do you have in that Exige? My S is roughly 240hp but I still love the NA for the street. I plan to put a long-gear transmission in the street car so I can cruise. I guess I get all the aggressive driving out of my system on the track

2007 Exige S
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebuzzard View Post
What engine do you have in that Exige? My S is roughly 240hp but I still love the NA for the street. I plan to put a long-gear transmission in the street car so I can cruise. I guess I get all the aggressive driving out of my system on the track

I'm assuming he is still running the Toyota mill if he's pining after a V6 Exige...

Thinking of K-swapping? Here's an idea of the cost involved.

2006 LOTUS EXIGE (ASPEN WHITE) Honda K24A2 + MPx90 supercharger. 322whp/271lb-ft @13psi. Build thread here.
1994 AUTOZAM AZ-1 MAZDASPEED Japanese Super Kei!
2014 FIAT 500e Hydroelectric powered EV daily driver.
2007 SUZUKI SV650 Track bike.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 07:09 PM

You can get a while lot more out of the Toyota 2zzge if you want to . I have a project 2zzge engine in the garage slowly taking shape for when I want more (or when I break my current motor)..

2007 Exige S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Exige

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in