9Likes
  • 1 Post By InfernoLotus
  • 2 Post By Jetblast
  • 3 Post By Rizzydee
  • 3 Post By mwehnes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Firewall refurbish ideas

Have the engine out of my Exige and the felt looking firewall material is looking pretty bad.

It's rolling shape and odd attachments make this challenging.

Looking for ideas on what I materials I could use to recover this area?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 04:37 PM

Garage

is one idea that pops to mind. I always like the looks of silver reflective. Gold reflective looks great too. They both remind me of when I used to work inside the Space Shuttle. Lots of foils to buy so that Amazon link was only representative and some of the other brands that are not noise reduction weigh less.
Ron-323 likes this.

2005 Chrome Orange Elise, BWR supercharger, TR Motorsport F1 rims and R888s, Nitron NTR40 Single Adjustables with Eibach springs,Sector 111 308BBL brakes, BWR Silent Touch exhaust, CF side scoops, front splitter, and engine cover.
Central Florida
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 05:17 PM

Garage
When I removed the factory heat shields from the exhaust I used a self-adhesive aluminized fiberglass cloth to cover the underside of the trunk. It seems to have worked pretty well in that application, the trunk stays much cooler than it did from the factory (but there is a lot more airflow now that the factory insulation is gone, I'm sure that helped). Here is what I used:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dei-010412/overview/
Attached Images

Ron-323 and InfernoLotus like this.

2005 Ardent Red Elise, Gut Sport wing & splitter, custom diffuser, Sector111: DSBrace, gPan3, subStuffy2, Larini Sport muffler, decat pipe, Schroth Racing 5 pts, wheel studs, Team Dynamics 1.2 with Hoosier A6s, Koldflash 200 ECU flash, BOE rear clam hinge, BC Racing single adjustables, Hawk pads, SS Brake Lines, HID lights, custom tail and high mount brake light...and much more...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 05:26 PM

I used DEI Reflect-a-gold sheeting but it provides absolutely 0 noise abatement or vibration dampening.

On the exhaust side I used something similar to what is listed above due to heat.
Attached Images

Jetblast, Ron-323 and InfernoLotus like this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 06:04 PM

I did the same as well. During my REV400 upgrade with the S/C off I noticed how dingy that carpet was (it was filthy). Cutt it all out, cleaned the firewall, and applied DEI Reflect-a-Gold 12x24 sheets. It was a complete pain in the ass, mainly just really time-consuming, to do even with the SC off.
Attached Images

Jetblast, Ron-323 and InfernoLotus like this.

2006 Lotus Exige: Avery Matte Graphite wrap, partial built motor (9:1 Mahle pistons, Ferrea Competition valves, ACT Clutch, ARP head studs), REV400, Nitron SAs, BOE QS exhaust, Ultradisc rotors, Moroso Oil pan, Circuitworks oil pump, CF Stuff (Cup Roof, ReVerie diffusor, side scoops, APR air dam, craftsquare mirrors), Worksbell quick release, Odyssey PC625, Morimoto Xenon HID, BOE Rear Oil Cooler, Difflow Aeroplates, BOE Swirl Pot, DaviesCraig EWP, Reversed Heater Matrix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Exige

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in