The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Purchasing new Exige, need help

3K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  qu1Z 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm new here (been a lurker for quite some time) and recently stumbled on to an 06 Exige. The interior and exterior is in immaculate condition. Currently have 33k miles, track pack, LSD, A/C, and clean title with all recalls done.

My question is this.... Do you think 36k exact (after taxes) is good? Purchasing my first Lotus so I'm turning to the Lotustalk community for help. Don't want to get rip off.

It doesn't have star shield, how much would it be to put one on?

#2 ·
The price sounds reasonable after taxes. But it also comes down to how much you like the car and the options. If you go with an aftermarket suspension in the future, the track pack might not have that much value. The LSD is also something that a lot of people do not care about, mine does not have it and I never felt like I needed it. Make sure to have the car checked by a mechanic that is familiar with lotus cars, I would do that even if I was buying from a dealer (bad experiences in the past).

There are better products than starshield if you go with an aftermarket install. Depending on where you are and who does the install, you are probably looking at ~$1600.

#4 ·
No plans on going aftermarket suspension soon until I pay off the car lol. Don't want to prolong and accrued interest if you know want I mean. Most likely be left stock until the car is paid off unless I hit jackpot or a stupid good deal. I checked the Carfax on it and everything checks out okay... But one that's kind of holding me back is the mileage.

#9 ·
Sounds like a fantastic price to me. Have a link to the car?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.