S2 Exige 1-Piece Fiberglass Front Lip Replacement Proving Difficult - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
S2 Exige 1-Piece Fiberglass Front Lip Replacement Proving Difficult

Has anyone found a good source for replacing the front lip with one that IS NOT carbon fiber? Call me cheap, but I don't want to shell out for a CF lip when it'll likely get scraped up again. I have some spidering in my current front lip that was present from purchase, but I can't find an OEM (or not) replacement for the life of me that is plain ol' painted fiberglass.

2007 Exige S Phantom Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 06:02 AM

Sorry I dont have the answer for you but I had the same spidering on my carbon lip that was bothering me and I vinyl wrapped mines with 3M black. Has lasted well for two years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Decided to take a risk and ordered an eBay China part.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 07:53 AM

Let me know how that goes - I may have an OEM used front lip(with some small spider webs, so probably not too much better than your current) that you can buy and get wrapped to match your car. Thanks.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 05:24 AM

If you're talking about the fiberglass Front Splitter, P/N A122B0226K, I was able to purchase one thru Matt at Lotus of Western NY. Give him a call or email him, he's great to work with. Website www.lotuswny.com Matt's email [email protected] or 716-863-2537
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 05:47 AM

I purchased an ebay front lip and it fits great. Still CF and it was under $300 I think.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls1Rx7 View Post
I purchased an ebay front lip and it fits great. Still CF and it was under $300 I think.
Are you sure it isn't fiberglass with a CF outer layer? A lot of the cheap CF parts do that trick so technically they aren't lying - it still is real CF, just not 100%.

"Lots Of Trouble; Usually Serious"
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 07:08 AM

Garage
I would love to find a replacement that deletes the front plate "box", but doesn't cost too much given that it will just get messed up again over time. A less expensive, fiberglass version of APRs front lip would be an EXCELLENT addition to our currently limited choices. I just don't want to place an expensive carbon fiber part in that spot. But right now that is pretty much the only choice besides OEM. Or have I missed an option?

-Smoky
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks, @DeTomasoman#6374 .. I priced them out from a couple other dealers and it always ended up being more than buying a local CF replacement part.

@Smoky - that's the holy grail, and I haven't found it yet either. I know a couple folks on the forum here do fiberglass work. Maybe we can convince them to make a mold and issue a group buy...

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 09:58 AM

Garage
@GregsRaceParts

Greg, he actually said "Holy Grail" !!

-Smoky
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 10:14 AM

Garage
I liked the fiberglass front splitter that breaks so that your clam doesn't, but they are hard to find. I am using this one from Gregs Race Parts now.

https://www.gregsraceparts.com/colle...ck-hdp-plastic
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 10:17 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Lotus Elise View Post
I liked the fiberglass front splitter that breaks so that your clam doesn't, but they are hard to find. I am using this one from Gregs Race Parts now.

https://www.gregsraceparts.com/colle...ck-hdp-plastic
Yes definitely want to add a splitter as well, and plan to get Greg's part because he gets it that these things do not need to be carbon fiber. But we Exige guys still need the lip. Or something to cover that space with the oem lip is removed. I am happy to run with no lip and just a splitter if the splitter also covers that area.

-Smoky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Exige

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in