Update - so last week I removed the snout off of the supercharger.
It required removal of the right side inner fender liner, motor mount/bracket, belt, alternator and IC pipe.
I then drained all of the fluid with a large plastic syringe. Only 85mils came out. I was worried more would spill once the snout was removed but amazingly there was virtually none left (not good).
I pulled the snout out, cleaned it off, removed the pulley (to clean surface) and add my new smaller pulley (3.1).
I also replaced the coupler and sanded the mating surface nice and clean.
The center section can be fully removed if you disconnect the t-stat housing and remove the two studs. Since I just did the t-stat and antifreeze I opted to not. I really wanted to grease the rear of the SC, oh well. However the center section does slide out about two inches which was enough to sand clean both mating surfaces and apply a thin layer of red high temp sealant.
I rebolted the snout on, added new fluid (old fluid was quite black) and put everything back together.
This project was in conjunction with my new Bosch injectors (550's) and Radium fuel rail. Next on the list will be the surge tank from BOE.
Happy wrenching all.
'07 Exige S
Last edited by henrymfisher; 07-06-2019 at 08:06 AM.