Smaller SC pulley - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkSol View Post
I am the same boat kinda. I'm swapping my old 70mm (2.75") pulley down to a 65mm one (2.55") on my REV400. According to the math I'll need 8.3mm shorter belt length (190 degree pulley arc). I'm going to try and keep my existing belt and see...
Hi David Steve and I did the same swap, you will be fine with the same belt 2020 mm

2009 Elise S,Rev 400 ,t Ferrea Valves , MWR springs,PPE headers and decat,SSC Harness bar, PenskeDA,Shaved V2 steering arms ,FF engine damper. Saikou Michi catch cans, Modded Toyota E153 gearbox ,60l Proalloy fuel tank , Aeromotive 320 fuel pump,Exedy clutch LSD , SSC ECU, CompositeWorx SP1 seats ,Varexy muffler, Haltech Elite 1500 ECU, Racepak IQ3 Street dash, Aussie-clamhinge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Lund View Post
If i was to go from the std 3,3" pully, and down to a 3,1" , do i need a new belt for this, or will the tensioner pick up the extra play?

The answer to your question is you dont need a new belt. The tensioner will pick up the extra play with a 3.1.

With a 3.0 it is suggested to change the belt for a shorter one.

I run a 3.1 myself since 2009 and my 3.0 pulley + belt is on the table because I'm still wondering if I will install it or not.

07 Exige S300+,Solar Yellow,Touring Pack, Torque300 tune,RLS Intercooler,Pro Alloy IC tubes,Lotus Stage3 Exhaust,Intake BOE ITG cold airbox,RLS MKII 3.0 Pulley,SaikouMichi Oil catch can,NGK BKR7-EIX Plugs,EV14 525cc injectors,CarbonFiber side scoops+front lip+rear spoiler, Nitron SS Shocks, PC680 Battery,JVC KDNX5000,CompactSub Kenwood KSC-SW1,Tinted windows, Lotus Sport windshield+front plate decals,HID Kit 6000K,Parking Light,license Leds.
2013 Scion FR-S Firestorm
2016 Subaru WRX STI Blue
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 04:43 PM

Garage
okay, so Q&A time,
I have an '06 Exige Cup240 with AC. What is mine lacking that enables my stock belt to be a 6PK1930 then?
I have the stock SC Pulley. Are there other pulley sizes that can vary? I looked up the PN for a stock replacement belt for mine and it said 6PK2005!
I know the 1930 fits as that's what's on it now! Does the US version have a smog pump or something? Can't find much reference to what may differ.
I'm concerned as I want to run a 3.1" pulley but now have no idea what belt! Thinking 1920-1925 as I don't want to stress my tensioner.
Thoughts?

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 08:20 AM

I'm running a smaller 3.0 pulley without issues just replace the fuel pump and 550cc injectors just in case... but the stock pump and 440cc injectors can handle the new pulley.

I have many track day's since the new pulley without a ecu tune and works fine
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heschel Levi View Post
I'm running a smaller 3.0 pulley without issues just replace the fuel pump and 550cc injectors just in case... but the stock pump and 440cc injectors can handle the new pulley.

I have many track day's since the new pulley without a ecu tune and works fine
You know you are necroposting thread from 2015?

2016 MK7 Golf R
2007 Exige S
2013 Mini Cooper S -SOLD
2011 Porsche Boxster Spyder
2009 BB S2000 - SOLD
2008 AW Exige S240 - SOLD
2004 ChilliRed Mini Cooper - SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Exige

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in