Street Build 2008 Exige S240 - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 02:21 PM
glb

Track it?

05 elise (BOE Rev300 supercharged, SSRs, shift tower mods, Multivex; HID hi/low beams); 05 Corolla XRS. Past '72 Elan Sprint (I restored), Lotus 7 w/X-flow, TT Supra, Bugeye Sprite, BMW 2002 & 2002tii, '65 GTO.

Driving Tips-https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f10...art-1-a-49665/
Moss Emergency Line-https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f10...cy-line-36631/
Bleeding Brakes- https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f10...-brakes-241138
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glb View Post
Track it?
I have not tracked it yet, however I do plan on doing a few HPDE events a year.
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

So my stock mats weren’t the worst but they certainly weren’t new so I Ordered some FTP full length footrest delete floor mats. They took about a week from the time I ordered until they showed up at my door. Premium Black with silver edging. They look great! Very happy with them and high quality. They also fit perfect
Attached Images

2008 Exige S240 Arctic Silver #119/164
2018 Tesla Model X 100D

post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 04:48 AM

You may be missing the rubber bumper on the fuel door.

2006 Elise ST (someone else has it now . . . )
2008 Exige S240 ST
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepe View Post
You may be missing the rubber bumper on the fuel door.
Good eye! I ordered a few different sizes from Steele rubber products, should be here next week. once I know which one fits the best I'll post up the part no.

I actually drove the lotus to work today since it hadn't been driven in the last week. and go figure the driver side headlight went out. so I went ahead and disabled the DRL and replaced the bulbs. hopefully will get some longer life out of the bulbs, also when I replaced them it looks liked the previous owner had an osram bulb on one side and a hella on the other. just switched them to Osram nigthbreakers. h7
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 04:19 PM
glb

I don't know if you've spent lots of time on track, but if not your best investment would be instruction.

Driving school, private instructor, however you can arrange it.

My first lap (Lime Rock) was pretty darn fast, but after (in my case, Bertil Roos school), I was much, much better and faster.

This goes for ALL of you out there.

05 elise (BOE Rev300 supercharged, SSRs, shift tower mods, Multivex; HID hi/low beams); 05 Corolla XRS. Past '72 Elan Sprint (I restored), Lotus 7 w/X-flow, TT Supra, Bugeye Sprite, BMW 2002 & 2002tii, '65 GTO.

Driving Tips-https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f10...art-1-a-49665/
Moss Emergency Line-https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f10...cy-line-36631/
Bleeding Brakes- https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f10...-brakes-241138
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray101381 View Post
Good eye! I ordered a few different sizes from Steele rubber products, should be here next week. once I know which one fits the best I'll post up the part no.

I actually drove the lotus to work today since it hadn't been driven in the last week. and go figure the driver side headlight went out. so I went ahead and disabled the DRL and replaced the bulbs. hopefully will get some longer life out of the bulbs, also when I replaced them it looks liked the previous owner had an osram bulb on one side and a hella on the other. just switched them to Osram nigthbreakers. h7
Mine went missing. A little rubber hose cut to size on the metal nipple thing does the trick. I can send you a picture if you'd like.

Love my Exige, glad you're enjoying yours.

2006 Exige KoldFire270 Bought in 2010 - Sold in 2014 - Bought again in 2018
Other Toys SOLD

2006 Elise "Toothless" FIRE=TOTAL LOSS
post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 10:36 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray101381 View Post
So my stock mats weren’t the worst but they certainly weren’t new so I Ordered some FTP full length footrest delete floor mats. They took about a week from the time I ordered until they showed up at my door. Premium Black with silver edging. They look great! Very happy with them and high quality. They also fit perfect
They don't last long. Take my advice found here: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f95...-delete-98430/ bu

Aluminum carpet buttons? The plastic ones are lighter, and look better IMHO. I'm serious, which is a sure sign of my addiction to the lack of weight. Not darkSol serious. darkSol ShowCase

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons, Never Been on Fire
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

had the day off and after running some errands had a few hours so I decided to install new rotors and pads. went with Inokinetic UltraDiscs and Cupdiscs thanks @shinoo with Porterfield R4S pads all around for street duty thanks @fzust . the stock rotors were in really good shape albeit the hardware was bit rusty(if anyone needs a set of rotors and pads PM me). the car came with ebc red stuff which was great with dust but didn't feel as good as the porterfields I ran on my gt4 for street duty. while I had everything apart I also painted the calipers with some gloss black G2 caliper paint.
Attached Images

fzust likes this.
post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 03:56 AM

Looks Great. Really love this thread and your updates.

2010 Lotus Exige S240
2001 BMW M5
2017 Ford Raptor
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (wife-mobile)
post #31 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 04:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by REKIII View Post
Looks Great. Really love this thread and your updates.
thanks! to those that asked i had ZERO problems getting the 3mm hex rotor retaining screw(i think it was 3mm) out of the rotors. i used a 3/8" cordless impact i have and they came out VERY easily. no heat no liquid wrench. for the rears i did have to remove the parking brake cable off the rear of the caliper to access the lower caliper mounting bolt and then i took the whole caliper off, also pay attention to how the handbrake spring is retained so you know exactly how to put it back together and don't lose the washer on the bolt holding the cable to the caliper. also for first timers changing rotors and pads, knock the caliper pins out first, the front pins come out toward the center of the car and rears come outwards. shouldn't take more than 2 hours to do all four rotors and pads. i had the penskes in for a week and then i put the bilsteins back on to do a back to back and lower ride height a bit. hopefully this weekend i'll put the penske's back on and while i have the front coilovers out i'll put in the bwr swaybar and endlinks and swap the stock steering arm to the BWR arms. in hindsight i probably should've put in the rear toe links on while i had the rear calipers off since i'd have more room to pop the outer toe link joint, but i may just pickle fork them now since i have new outer joints and i don't care if i mangle the stock ones. After all said and done i'll have to re-align and re-cornerbalance. my buddy is gonna hate me when i come back for the third time to corner balance and align(once just to check stock #s, second time after penskes and taking out stock shims, and now after new ride height, steering arms, and rear toe links). haha
REKIII likes this.
post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

in the pursuit of adding lightness new mech-less head unit, who even listens to CD's anymore?!? j/k I just want to stream music and charge my phone. when I purchased the car the previous owner had swapped the head unit to a newer CD bluetooth alpine unit but it was only able to answer phone calls over bluetooth and the Front USB wouldn't charge my iPhone X. So I decided to swap the head unit to a newer unit, no CD player. and only weighs less than 1.5lbs. I never wanted a booming system in the car but I did want something to charge my phone and play music over bluetooth and maybe sound a little better. so head unit is here. waiting on JimC's rings and JL C2 525x in the front and JL C2 600X in the rear. I was on the fence on whether to go with the 6.5 or 6 but ended up going with the 6 for the sake cutting less, and a marginal if even noticeable decrease in sound quality vs the 6.5". either way it'll sound better than stock. no plans to ever add an amp or sub. As to why I chose the Kenwood I wanted HD radio built in, and it has a 2 year warranty, and I've liked Excelon products in the past. no plans to add siriusxm as I can't justify paying for satellite radio in a car I don't drive very much.
Attached Images

post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

some quick weight difference for you weight weenies out there. truth be told I didn't do this for the weight but I don't mind the savings. 806 gram savings or 1.78lbs!
Attached Images

REKIII likes this.
post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

So I just got the head unit installed, still waiting on speakers and rings. I needed to bed the brakes in anyways. I think this was the first time I've driven at night since I bought it and I noticed the HVAC was dark, everything else works, tried everything, disconnected the battery, dimmer works, must just be the panel is out. the AC still blows cold, blue led's light up, just the backlighting. Just ordered up a new HVAC control panel, $260 gamble, hopefully it solves the problem. here's the part no in case anyone else's went out B120P0021F. seems to be a common failure from a quick forum search.
post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 07:07 PM

Car looks great.
I also have a 08 S240. With the BOE torque 300 tune , clutch, flywheel, suspension and other go fast parts. So enjoy it.
Here is two pics of mine
Attached Images

2008 Exige S 240
2010 Toyota FJ TRD
2015 BMW M235 Convertible
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
1978 Toyota FJ40

2008 Beneteau Oceanis 40 Sailboat
1973 Colombia 26 MK11 sailboat
post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

super minor but I found a rubber stopper that works with a small mod. so the rubber stopper on the fuel door hole is 1/8 of an inch I couldn't squeeze stopper I bought so I drilled the existing hole to 5/32" and boom all fixed.
Attached Images

mattjk likes this.
post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin orange View Post
Car looks great.
I also have a 08 S240. With the BOE torque 300 tune , clutch, flywheel, suspension and other go fast parts. So enjoy it.
Here is two pics of mine
good stuff, I haven't gotten to the power part of the equation yet, I'm still trying to tidy up and get the car to as new as possible. it was already in excellent condition but trying to get it all PERFECT with brakes, aesthetics, suspension and then I'll should be an easy power mod.
post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 03:37 AM
Elise Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmansan View Post
They don't last long. Take my advice found here: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f95...-delete-98430/ bu

Aluminum carpet buttons? The plastic ones are lighter, and look better IMHO. I'm serious, which is a sure sign of my addiction to the lack of weight. Not darkSol serious. darkSol ShowCase

San
I built an XP car that can be under 1600lbs. I've known Dark Sol for over 20 years. NO ONE is as serious about weight reduction as DarkSol!!! I've driven that car and it is a masterpiece.

Multiple SCCA Solo National and Pro Solo National Championships

Blackwatch Racing - Better for the Street, Proven on the track

Lotus Performance Parts and Accessories

Winning Suspension
- Larini Exhaust - BWR Close Ratio Gearset
We build the toughest Lotus Transmissions for the Elige. From Stock to SCCA-NASA-World Challenge Winners.

6UL wheels
post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 04:07 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzust View Post
I built an XP car that can be under 1600lbs. I've known Dark Sol for over 20 years. NO ONE is as serious about weight reduction as DarkSol!!! I've driven that car and it is a masterpiece.
I wasn't even trying to compete with Dark Sol. I actually kept my AC, when Allen did the front oil coolers delete and Laminova install. Then he told me how much weight I could have saved. For power to weight I have the Ducati.

San
fzust likes this.

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons, Never Been on Fire
post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

ok so got off work early and installed the head unit. very easy, just make sure you get the right harness, I used the Metra 70-1784, swap the red and yellow wires and solder and plug and play. very happy with the head unit. much lighter and sounds great and it has a TON of colors so I was able to get a really good if not perfect match to the dash illumination. I also got the front speakers installed. used JL C2 525x with Jim Clayton rings. I purchased them from JCRTD.com the stock speakers come off easy enough, pry the METAL mesh and then just unscrew. the metal ring is in there pretty good so get a pair of vise grips and rip the metal ring out. so I mulled about how to cut the foam. I didn't want to grind it away because it would make a big mess. Tried a utility knife, hacksaw blade, hot foam cutter, guess what??? I ended up grinding it away. I stuffed a plastic bag under the hole so it would catch some of the debris and used a Dremel to grind away. I tried in the the ring and took a sharpie and traced the inside of it and took away that foam. i assembled the ring speaker and speaker grill completely. then put a bead of RTV silicone in the outer edge of the hole in the dash, then plug the speaker in and then seated the speaker assembly. I didn't need to solder any connectors the OEM Alpine speaker used the same connectors as the JL's I put in. BIG improvement in sound. I haven't tackled the rear speakers yet but it looks like I'll have to drill out the plastic rivets and remove the pod then cut the pod to fit my 6" JL's then put it back in and place new rivets. Also like someone else mentioned probably a good idea to spray paint the grills, at least the silver part as it reflects off the windshield.
Attached Images

REKIII likes this.

2008 Exige S240 Arctic Silver #119/164
2018 Tesla Model X 100D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Exige

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in