Yet another exhaust recommendation? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Yet another exhaust recommendation?

I've had my '07 Exige (8K miles) now for 9 months. I'm ready to upgrade to an exhaust I can hear. I've had a totally stock system until recently when I installed a Blackwatch decat pipe. I was hoping the decat would give me a LITTLE more sound, but hasn't. Can't tell the difference from stock.

BTW, the stock muffler and cat pipe weigh 40 lbs. Only saved 3 lbs when replacing the stock cat pipe with decat. Was expecting more, but it is what it is.

So.....now I'm looking to find an exhaust of my liking. I'm looking for a recommendation.

I use my car for canyon carving, not track or competition. Can't have droning or have to wear ear plugs. Don't want to irritate my neighbors. The perfect(?) setup would be throaty (if a 1.8 could be throaty) at idle and quieter at 8000 RPM. I'm planning to store the stock system and install to pass emissions test (if it needs it) every couple years. I want to run the decat and after market muffler/decat all other times.

Oh yeah, I love the look of the rear end, centered oval tip, grill work and diffuser. Not willing to give up that configuration.

Appreciate your thoughts......Larry

Last edited by gillam; 04-01-2019 at 08:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 05:51 PM

BOE ST above diffuser is what you want for a SC Exige. I ran one for quite a while, and it weighs like 20? lbs less then stock. The QS is a little TOO loud, and the ST-5 is very droney and meany for just laguna seca really.

Now I literally have a 1ft straight pipe out the back to save the 12 lbs or whatever and I have to wear ear plugs. I forgot them last track day one session and I couldn't even make it through a lap!

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 07:13 PM

Garage
I love my BOE QS + BWR decat! Looks perfect, sounds great and it is an excellent price!
Attached Images

-Smoky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Exige

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in