Car Transportation / Shipping. - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Car Transportation / Shipping.

Hey all,

I want to buy Exige from other state. I am now in Seattle.

What is the best company for the car shipping? Price wise? Service wise?

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 10:01 AM

I had mine transported by exotic car tranport out of orlando Exotic Car Transport of Orlando but the seller paid as it was part of the purchase of the car. I believe it was around 12-1500 he said.
Here is a vid of my delivery http://www.estorilm3.com/lotusexige/...lotusexige.wmv. Guy was really nice and professional with the car. Plastic on teh steering wheel. seats and floor were covered.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the Info, nice video btw
Ill give them my info to see whats up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman6074 View Post
I had mine transported by exotic car tranport out of orlando Exotic Car Transport of Orlando but the seller paid as it was part of the purchase of the car. I believe it was around 12-1500 he said.
Here is a vid of my delivery http://www.estorilm3.com/lotusexige/...lotusexige.wmv. Guy was really nice and professional with the car. Plastic on teh steering wheel. seats and floor were covered.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 10:42 AM

Sure no problem.
Thanks it was an exciting day
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 07:20 PM

I used Gran Turismo for transport of my vehicle, and was pleased with their service.

Enclosed Auto Transport, Car Shipping, Auto Carriers, Exotic Vehicle Transport - Gran Turismo Motorsports

There is a single web site out there that lists hundreds and hundreds of transport companies. Users write reviews for the companies on this site. It was extremely helpful to me when I was looking. Unfortunately, I can't recall the name of the site at this moment. I'll look around for you, but I'm sure someone here knows what I'm talking about.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 07:21 PM

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 03:00 AM

I use AAALL State to ship my car from CA to FL. Their web site is AAALL State Auto Transport - Transportation services - 866-342-3675. I was very happy with the service - they picked up the car exactly when they said it would and kept me updated on progress. They kept the car on the top deck to avoid anything from a car above dripping on it.

A big decision is whether to go with open or closed transport and I decided to save money and go with open because I would have driven the car back myself if I had time and realized that shipping on an open carrier is less wear and tear than driving it.

The logistics of buying remotely was interesting. What I did has have the seller get the car inspected locally at my cost. Once it had a clean report, I flew out, drove the car and bought it with a cashier's check and returned with the title. We had a bill of sale saying the seller would assist with transportation arrangements and he gave the car to the shippers a week later when the check cleared. Everything went smoothly and I am now a happy Exige owner!

2006 Exige, solar yellow, track, touring, LSD, Fujita intake, 2bular 8x24
2007 MINI Cooper S, dark silver, sport suspension, LSD
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 11:49 AM

I used FedEx Auto Shippers earlier this year to ship an '87 Porsche 911 from Oregon to California. The price was competitive with other highly regarded shippers (like Intercity) and the service was excellent. All of their trucks are fully enclosed and the platforms between the top and bottom tiers of the trucks are solid so no fluids can drip on the cars on the bottom tier. Because of this I didn't pay the premium to have my car on top, although it ended up going there anyway. I was given the cell phone number of the driver and was encouraged to call him regularly for updates, which I did. The car arrived on time and in great condition.

Be aware that many auto shipping companies farm out the work to independent truckers so you're never quite sure who/what you're going to get. Companies like Fedex own the trucks and, I believe, employ the drivers, so they have better control over their level of service.

Truth be told I wanted to have Intercity ship my car since they have a stellar reputation, but they weren't available when I wanted them. But I was very happy with FedEx and would use them again.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 12:54 PM

Garage
Southwest Airlines. $100.

2005 Lotus Elise - 2012 FIAT 500 Abarth
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 03:00 PM

I just used CLS auto transport, literally just. Chris Leeper is a great guy, and they do alot of transporting for Sector 111. My car came from Seattle, WA all the way to Tampa, FL (area) and they brought it down tag team and got it here VERY fast.

Chris Leeper (626)-771-3294 like I said he was a fantastic guy to deal with, worked with me as needed. He was not the cheapest, if cheap is what your after, but as far as quality of service. He's the man.

G'luck

2005 Midnight Blue Elise
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXEight View Post
Southwest Airlines. $100.
And the Exige might just be small enough to fit in the overhead compartment
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Thank you everyone, I contacted all of them, Im just waiting for their quotes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Transporters, Trailers, Towing & Tie-downs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in