Coast to Coast Shipping Cost (Elise) - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-02-2013, 10:39 AM

Garage
I just used Intercity to ship my Exige from Denver, CO to Dayton, OH. It was $1295 and they were awesome. Enclosed trailer, same guy that picked it up dropped it off. Great communication, and they were very punctual. Picked it up the day/time they promised and same with the delivery. My driver was "Lee" and he was a very nice guy. Great overall experience!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 05:27 PM

Garage
Coast to Coast Shipping Cost (Elise)

Contact blue heron logistics. Let them know that Tim sent you over. :-)
tel:585-305-1510

-

Last edited by advanracing62; 03-03-2013 at 06:16 PM.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 09:14 AM

Intercity is terrific. I have used them a couple of times. A Europa from Phoenix to NY and then an Elise from Colorado to NY. I used a broker once and only because the car dealer pushed me to do it. He lost out because it was a car being taken in a trade. The broker truck picked up the car in Brooklyn, transported it to the Bronx, took it off the truck and went for a joy ride and damaged a wheel. It was a 2005 Porsche 911. When I arrived in NCarolina to pick up the new Porsche the dealer told me that there was some damage to the car and thought that I had misrepresented the car to him. Cost him $1000 to fix. The broker paid nothing because at that time we didn't know what had happened for sure. Later I received a ticket in the mail for a car sitting on the street in the Bronx with no plates. That was when it all came together. Broker refused to pay a cent. Said they just arrange the trucks. I felt badly for the dealer in NC, but at least I didn't lose out. Beware of the brokers. I'm sticking with InterCity.

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 12:28 AM

To get saved from scammed and hassle free transit, use CitizenShipper moving company. They offers deal with reverse auction on client's consignment by the movers. The lowest priced quote is preferred by the clients that ultimately benefits with lots of saving dollars.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 04:14 AM

In a couple of months I'll need to have my car shipped from North Carolina to California. if anyone had such experience in the past (with these states) please write how much it cost you, because I've not chosen a company yet and would like o know the prices.

Last edited by Tranger; 08-22-2013 at 03:52 AM.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-25-2014, 04:29 PM

Garage
Where in california? I'm transporting mine from South Carolina to California in a couple months, maybe we can get a package deal?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-25-2014, 04:47 PM

I paid $1400.00 shipped from Boston to Sacramento guaranteed first car loaded in an enclosed trailer and not moved until at my front door. Had 4 boxes of parts and a spare set of tires and rims. He delivered on time, car was secured and covered. I gave him a $100.00 tip..

05 Elise
56 VW Dune Buggy

GGLC-Sacramento Chapter Membership and Recruiting
[email protected]
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 09:29 AM

Thanks for the tip on Intercity, they look reliable and reasonable.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 11:43 AM

I would expect that to cost closer to $2000, maybe even a little more for a shipment of that distance. I've used https://www.a1autotransport.com/ before & would recommend them, but I think it's generally a good idea to get a couple prices and compare them before moving forward. They do vary quite a bit in my experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Transporters, Trailers, Towing & Tie-downs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in