Countrywide Auto Transport - anyone use them? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Stilling doing God's work

Countrywide Auto Transport - anyone use them?

Anyone use these guys, Countrywide Auto Transport? They were supposed to pickup my car on the 2nd, blamed it on the holiday. Said it would be picked up Monday or Tuesday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 01:25 PM

They are an online broker, dont actually own any trucks they just pimp out your car to a carrier going your way. hard to get the truth from these guys. I had a painfull experience last year moving a car from washington to texas (not an elise) said I would get the car in one week, took a week just to pick it up and didnt see the car for 27 days. I eventually got the cell number of the driver, turned out to be a russian who spoke NO english I was just happy my car arrived without damage. If I were moving the elise I would use one of the specialty enclosed transporters that will not damage your car, cost more but worth it. Good Luck

LZ LoLo survivor
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Yep, no doubt. I am using an enclosed transport, not opened.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 02:06 PM

I used Intercity Lines last month to deliver a Cayman. It was a very positive experience and a fair price. The drivers are listed on their website, so you know they aren't just contracting out the work to anyone.

Intercity Lines Drivers

- Jake
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 02:56 PM

i use horseless carriage

"I really started paying attention to cars was when they came out with the Nissan Z, the first body. Then I seen the Cherokees, the old square ones, and I was like, “Wow, that’s cool.” Then I seen the Isuzu jeeps and I seen the Wranglers."
-Lotus Cars VP of Global Design
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 05:16 PM

Shipping

I have used these guys four times and every time was perfect: enclosed auto shipping, classic car transport, door-to-door, auto transport

Intelligent, nice drivers that took great care of my cars. The trailers were beautiful with wood floors that were polished like a basketball court!

Do NOT use Countywide Transport!! I used them and had the same experience as 407driver. They lied about the pickup time, they lied about the delivery time and they bent the lower control arms of my Esprit. The Russian driver arrived around 2:00AM whacked out on some stimulant, talking to me at the top of his lungs. I just cringed as one by one, the neighbors
bedroom lights turning on. Worst shipping experience ever -
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckalkhof View Post
I have used these guys four times and every time was perfect: enclosed auto shipping, classic car transport, door-to-door, auto transport

Intelligent, nice drivers that took great care of my cars. The trailers were beautiful with wood floors that were polished like a basketball court!

Do NOT use Countywide Transport!! I used them and had the same experience as 407driver. They lied about the pickup time, they lied about the delivery time and they bent the lower control arms of my Esprit. The Russian driver arrived around 2:00AM whacked out on some stimulant, talking to me at the top of his lungs. I just cringed as one by one, the neighbors
bedroom lights turning on. Worst shipping experience ever -

Was the car shipped in open or enclosed transport?

Last edited by RacyTracy; 07-05-2009 at 05:32 AM. Reason: fixed quote
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 04:44 AM

Enclosed
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 05:34 AM
Not the admin anymore

Garage
When my car was shipped from FL to Chicago the dealers used '4 D's'...and the car was several days late. Does anyone get the car where it needs to be as scheduled??

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Audi R8
I am no longer the admin. If you need help, please contact a moderator or send a PM to 'Administrator'.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacyTracy View Post
When my car was shipped from FL to Chicago the dealers used '4 D's'...and the car was several days late. Does anyone get the car where it needs to be as scheduled??
I know someone who used horseless carriage, they were late too. However, if countrywide does not pickup tomorrow, I will probably cancel. A seven day delay is just too long. Especially when I gave plenty of time for pickup at the dealer.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptalk View Post
Anyone use these guys, Countrywide Auto Transport? They were supposed to pickup my car on the 2nd, blamed it on the holiday. Said it would be picked up Monday or Tuesday...
Welcome to the beginning of a very bad experience.

I used Able Auto Transport once and they 'lost' my car for over a month. Turned out the driver lost his insurance and had to park his truck until they could get it straightened out. Fortunately he had my car to drive around for God-knows-how-long. When I finally got my Caddy it was muddy and scratched up all to hell. Anyway - I would avoid at all costs places like Able Auto that simply broker your shipping needs to whomever is passing your way.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedMenace View Post
Welcome to the beginning of a very bad experience.

I used Able Auto Transport once and they 'lost' my car for over a month. Turned out the driver lost his insurance and had to park his truck until they could get it straightened out. Fortunately he had my car to drive around for God-knows-how-long. When I finally got my Caddy it was muddy and scratched up all to hell. Anyway - I would avoid at all costs places like Able Auto that simply broker your shipping needs to whomever is passing your way.
Did you file a claim on the car? I would assume they were bonded and insured. No?
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptalk View Post
Did you file a claim on the car? I would assume they were bonded and insured. No?
Tried to. It got me nowhere. Able Auto (who also claim that 99.9% of their customers are satisfied) told me to take it up with the driver. The driver told me to go 'F' myself. I managed to sand/buff out all the damage. I chalked it up as a lesson learned.

Auto Transport Auto Hauling Car Shipping Car Transport Company Car Moving Service

Here's their website. 100% BS.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

I would had filed a complaint with BBB and the DOT or Attorney General for that company's state.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacyTracy View Post
Actually, yes. Fedex Custom Critical delivered right on time.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckalkhof View Post
Actually, yes. Fedex Custom Critical delivered right on time.
Yea, got a quote from them. It was 2k in shipping fees. A bit much.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 06:22 PM

Ckalkhof - I see you are on the hunt for another Lotus. You must have missed the 2006 a little too much!!!
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

They picked it up this morning, so I am happy none the less.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 05:23 AM
Such moderate

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah jones View Post
hello guys, American auto move is a very responsable company, they moved my car some days ago from texas to florida. best price for the quality of the service. American Auto Move - The Nation's Best Auto Transport Company
American Auto Move
lol, first post?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Transporters, Trailers, Towing & Tie-downs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in