At long last I'm the owner of a 20' enclosed trailer. I've had her for about 2 hours now and already have a good list of to-do items. Here's my current plan, definitely looking for input as this is my first trailer. I'll be towing with a 2008 Pathfinder LE V8 which is rated to 7700lbs (I figure my whole setup will be about 6000). Here's my current to do list:
- Basic stuff like ramps, padlocks, wheel chalks
- Cut a medium sized windows AC unit into the front just above the tongue (I'll weld a support frame around it)
- Plastic slat "doors" (industrial freezer style) for the tailgate
- 110v electrical system. The track I hit for 90% of the season has RV hookups so I plan to create a separate 110 system for camping
- Interior lighting
- Ceiling fan
- 4 jug fuel rack
- small cabinet for tools/etc.
- External connection points for my pop-up awning
- Flip down tables
- 110v Winch (if I can get that)
- Lots of vinyl stickers (I have a plotter so I'm cutting those now)
- Mounting points for my 75qt Yeti cooler
- Mounting points for small grill
- 22" 1080p flip-down LCD scree
- Integrated speakers/amp
- Xbox360 and/or Boxee Box
- 500 GB USB hard drive with movies and every Top Gear episode ever.
- Verizon 4G MiFi feeding system (on corporate account so basically unlimited)
- Bluetooth streaming from my Windows Phone, Surface Pro, etc.
- Paint/wrap/plastidip the entire trailer black (many have told me this is idiotic as it'll be so much hotter but the vanity in me wants my blacked out Pathfinder towing a blacked out trailer with my black Exige in it). Talk me into/out of this.
My goal is to make it our hang out place and my "RV" for camping at the track. For the last 2 seasons I've used the BOE tow bar and tent camped with my pup so this will be a massive upgrade. I'm not expecting it to be RV level of comfort at all (for example I know without insulation the AC won't really keep it cool). Fortunately here in Colorado it's never that hot and it's almost always dry.
Here's my new trailer and my old setup. Thanks for any input you guys have!