Any idea where the best place to buy those "wheel nets" used to secure a car to a trailer is? What else do I need? I feel like such a newbie!
I was looking at Toy Haulers and found out that my Avalanche lacks the tow capacity to haul what I want, so for this season I am going to go au-natural and I bought this flatbed open trailer.
Now the question is: What do I do with it? It looks rough and it is definitely used. Actually the base is in surprisingly good shape. But Monday I am going to take it into my trailer shop and have them do several things:
1. Fix the winch properly It looks like the OEM solenoid failed and it was "fixed" by a meth addict.
2. New fender skirts - just because.
3. Add trailer brakes to the Avalanche and check the trailer's brakes out.
4. Have the wheel bearings inspected and re-packed.
5. Add tie downs at the appropriate spots - whatever those are.
Then I will:
1.Mount a fire extinguisher. With luck like mine, I should install a halon gas system.
2. Paint to match the car. I have the following week off and it seems right.
So what else can you suggest?
My son says I should paint a BIG Lotus logo on the deck. I was thinking about some subtle yellow accents on the fenders.
Short of using my Race Ramps, I am not sure what to do about ramps. Suggestions?
What else do I need? A tire rack?
With your help, I promise to make it worthy to haul a Lotus or sell it (still hesitant to sink real money into it!)