The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Post a pic of your trailer

16K views 50 replies 28 participants last post by  ealseal12 
#1 · (Edited)
Seems like there was a thread about this a couple years back, but didn't find. I'll start with my new '08 Haulmark 16'. Logos are custom made with fleet grade vinyl, 24" diameter. Haulmark isn't the top of the line, but a good value for the money for my low use. Added a concrete pad for it behind my detached garage.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
"taint much, but it's Home !!!

Attachments

Reactions: ealseal12
#3 ·
how much does it weigh? Any pic of inside?

I have an open and thinking of getting an enclosed, but finding a small enclosed is not easy.

Is 16' large enough for your Lotus and track gear, spare tires etc?

#4 ·
Dry weight is 3200lbs, gross 7000. Plenty of overhead space, over 3' in front for stuff. Depends on your space needs I guess. I'm not a regular track junkie, we're using this more for longer road trips, LOG, etc. It's also nice if you need to temporarily free up a garage space for company, etc. A few more pics:

Attachments

#5 ·
Nice. I would add a tire rack, overhead cabinets on the front end and maybe a winch.

I was looking at various trailer options, thinking of Featherlite vs Pace vs Haulmark. I believe that Fred Zust got the Haulmark also. I think I will probably get 18' or 20'. Yes, I know some people will say you always want more and 24' is the min. But that is the space I have and the longer it is, the more room it will take.

Question. Can you open your door to get out once you are inside the trailer?

#6 ·
Yes, it's a tight fit but not a big issue with those low wheel wells, and I'm 6' 195. Yes, the space issue was also a factor on buying the 16. This hides perfectly behind my detached garage to keep the neighbors (and covenants) happy.

#7 ·
In looking at your trailer, I am thinking I could live with a 16' long also. I would like to move the front tie downs on the floor more to the rear so I could use that space on the end. At least a little bit. Then an overhead tire rack for 8 racing tires on the very end. A small wall mounted cabinet on the driver's side wall near the front (over the front clam basically). Add a few nice things for track use such hooks and shelves for materials, helmets... and I think it works.

#8 ·
Dave, do you mind sharing the cost of your trailer? What are you towing it with? I am thinking of getting a new Tundra.

#11 ·
I paid only $5250, and that included delivery from near Chicago to Dayton after some barter. Towing with an H2. A friend of mine just bought a Tundra and loves it.

There really is plenty of room in this trailer if you make effective use of overhead, fold-down benches, etc. That's with an Elise in there of course. I can snap more pics on request.

#15 ·
Jack,

I have a Featherlite 18' too. I dont have the air dam, I have a custom made four tire rack in front and two storage boxes on the side and fuel can carrier on the tongue. I will post a pic Monday.

It may be less of an issue with you west-coast guys, but in the northeast, we tow in bad weather quite often. It is really a drag to have a car detailed to the teeth when you leave for the track and have it look like it has been through the war when you get there.

#24 ·
I've always thought it was a bad idea to advertise what's inside the trailer with graphics on the outside of the trailer.
:shrug:

#40 ·
At VIR Lotus meet. Have since added a tire carrier, and changed to an 07 Tundra. (Ariel Atom not included).

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.