Shipping Your Lotus - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 07:44 AM

MCdougieFresh,

We do not service MI down to NC on a regular basis, we can move your Lotus, but we do not have availability for the time frame you are looking for. If you have more flexibility with your timing we can offer you a LotusTalk rate of $795. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 03:17 AM

Hey Jim,

I will be moving a car from Tucson Arizona to Detroit. Timing is flexible but it would be no sooner that Feb 1.

Can you please give me a rough idea on the cost?

Thanks.

Jeff

[email protected]
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 07:07 AM

jeffgrice,

Jeff,

Thanks for the price inquiry. Our normal retail rate is $1552, your LotusTalk rate will be $1445 from Tucson, AZ to Detroit, MI for a normal sized car. Please let us know if we can help you with your move.

Thanks,
Jim
Intercity Lines
America's Premier Enclosed Auto Transport Company for vintage race cars, collector cars, classic car, show cars, antique car, concours and auction transport: Automobile transportation is our only business - Door to door car transport service from Int

post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 11:54 AM

Intercity Lines you have pm.
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Moderator Extraordinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinthefro View Post
I used Horseless Carriage to go from NJ to CA. It was expensive, about the same as FedEx quoted. They did exactly what they said they would do when they were supposed to. Not a even a fingerprint on the car.

+1 for Horseless. They shipped my Elise and my experience was as above.
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 05:58 AM

post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 07:04 PM

Hey Jim,

I am looking to transport a Lotus from San Francisco, CA to Round Rock,TX. Could you get me a price quote? I'm flexible with timing and looking to transport sometime in April.

Thanks for your assistance.
Isaiah
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 10:26 PM

I just shipped my car with Intercity, which is the company that many members here and my local dealer suggested. The rate was competitive and they were actually ahead of schedule by a day, although it took about a week for the car to be picked up. My only complaint (although I wasn't there at either end to see how they handled the car) is that neither they nor the dealer they were delivering to bothered to let me know the car had arrived.

Good luck!

2007 Ardent Red Federal Elise with Touring Pack!
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 06:04 AM

Shipping on open trailer question

Hi all. I will be shipping a new Elise on an open one-car trailer. My question for anyone who has done this before - should the car be covered or not? Iím thinking I can wash off the bugs but if the cover is flapping in the wind I could get some paint abrasion, especially if some grit gets under the cover.

Searching around I found several threads on shipping in general but nothing on the merits of covering a car on an open trailer. Most of the threads seem to relate to closed vs. open trailers or vendor selection.

Thanks,
Stan
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 06:11 AM

DO NOT TRAILER WITH A COVER!!!

It will sand your paint off.

The alternative is to use boat shrink wrap which will not buffet against the paint.

Jeff
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 03:09 PM

I just bought a car in NYC and had it shipped to the SF Bay Area. I used Intercity and agree with the other comments that they are price competitive for enclosed shipping and have great service. I talked to the driver several times while he was in route. I ran into a conflict on the scheduled delivery date, so he delivered the car a day earlier. He backed his semi right up to my house, opened the lift, took off the protective wrapping they put on the cars and out it came without a scratch. Took less than 30 minutes. I would definitely use Intercity again.
post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 08:53 AM

Thank You

Oberstille,

Thank you for your business we certainly appreciate it. Sorry for the disconnect on cummincating with you regarding the delivery. We normally send the driver the pick up and delivery contact information, sorry we did not list you as an additional contact. We will certainly address any future issues. Thank you again for your business and if there is anything we can do for you in the future please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,
Jim
Intercity Lines
America's Premier Enclosed Auto Transport Company for vintage race cars, collector cars, classic car, show cars, antique car, concours and auction transport: Automobile transportation is our only business - Door to door car transport service from Int
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 08:56 AM

Thank You

ma240,

Thank you for your business we really appreciate it. I am glad to hear the driver was able to accomodate your delivery conflict and that your vehicle arrived safe and sound. Thank you again for your business and if there is anything we can do for you in the future please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,
Jim
Intercity Lines
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intercity Lines View Post
Oberstille,

Thank you for your business we certainly appreciate it. Sorry for the disconnect on cummincating with you regarding the delivery. We normally send the driver the pick up and delivery contact information, sorry we did not list you as an additional contact. We will certainly address any future issues. Thank you again for your business and if there is anything we can do for you in the future please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,
Jim
Intercity Lines
Oh, wow... sorry, didn't mean it to sound that harsh. The service itself was flawless.

2007 Ardent Red Federal Elise with Touring Pack!
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 05:56 AM

Oberstille,

No worries, We want to make sure we address any issues which might have not made your experience a positive one.

Thanks again,
Jim
Intercity Lines
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 04:37 AM

I just had my Exige delivered by Intercity on Friday from San Francisco,Ca to Round Rock, TX. It was my first time using a transport company to ship my vehicle and it was a great experience! The entire processes was smooth and easy, from obtaining a quote from Jim, talking with office staff, and communicating with Craig the driver from pick-up to delivery. There's an all around genuine feeling you receive when communicate with everyone at Intercity Lines that made both my wife and I feel very comfortable with having the Exige transported.

I'd recommend them to anyone needing to transport their vehicle. Thanks!
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 04:49 AM

Call John Golembioski at Reliable Carriers...

I used to ship EVERYTHING with him. Many, many, many cars with Auto Europe. And when working with Maybach, used them exclusively! Never had an incident...NOT ONE!

Great work, Reliable (really), and always on time! Drivers were always cautious and careful, and always courteous and accommodating.

41555 Koppernick
Canton MI 48187
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 07:48 AM

Thank You

CIA_ATX,

Thank you for your kind words. We here at Intercity Lines strive to meet and exceed our customers expectations and we are glad we met yours. We Thank You for your business we certainly appreciate it and if there is anything we can do for you in the future please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,
Jim
Intercity Lines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Transporters, Trailers, Towing & Tie-downs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in