2013 BMW Activehybrid 3, 8 speed automatic, 67k miles, 33 mpg, 1 owner, 330 ft-lbs torque fun and family friendly - $19,000
Photos are at: https://photos.app.goo.gl/m2SicKN5rpmQ1thH8
Contact: PM or 650- 4-8-3 7-8-9-8
This BMW Activehybrid3 is what you get when you cross a Tesla with a BMW M3. Ok, maybe not quite but this is a pretty unique and amazing car that most people probably havenít ever heard of. I mean, Iím a car guy and I didnít really know it existed until I rode in this one (owned by my friend, who Iím helping to sell it for.)
Hereís your chance to own a masterful piece of BMW hybrid engineering. In fact this was BMWís answer to building a hybrid thatís not boring (like a Prius) and it was so high tech that they were probably losing money on them so they stopped making them in 2015. Or maybe people just bought Prius hybrids instead, but those people are idiots.
Twinturbo inline 6 cylinder engine?
Awesome BMW handling?
330 ft-lbs of torque at 1200 rpm?
Green-friendliness of a Prius without the Toyota stigma?
If you need a 4 door family hauler thatís fun to drive, has low end torque galore (great for those quick power-on bursts around town) and still gets 33 mpg then youíve found your new ride. Oh and this one comes loaded with the Sport Line package, premium 18Ē wheels, navigation, iDrive, backup camera, and all of the BMW creature comforts to coddle you during your commute to work. Heck, the navigation system in this car is even tied into the transmission to maximize your MPG by optimizing the gear shift points for your route if that sort of thing matters to you. But if you keep flooring it (and itís hard not to), well then thatís probably not going to help the olí mileage numbers.
This is seriously a fun, powerful car to drive...maybe itís even the Ultimate Driving Machine. No, it likely wonít beat an M3 around the racetrack, but how many trackdays do you really do per year? This thing has power and fun in spades at speeds that wonít get you thrown in jail around town.
Just serviced and has all the records! No accidents. This car was adult owned and mostly freeway driven. Only 1 owner and always dealer serviced (just had a service <20 miles ago!)
And no, itís nothing like that other hybrid known as the Prius. That thing sucks, seriously.
Iím helping a friend sell it, but I have the car here and happy to meet up with folks to show it to you either in Mountain View, San Bruno, or Burlingame.
Why should you buy this car? Besides that itíll instantly make you cooler for driving a BMW.
- Itís fun, I already mentioned that but itís seriously more powerful and fun than I imagined.
- Good gas mileage. No, it wonít get you a carpool sticker like a Tesla, but 33mpg will save you a few bucks on gas and you can pay your carpool fines with the money youíd save buying this instead of a $60k used Tesla.
- You donít need an SUV for your family. Yes, you think you do, but a 4 door sedan has the same seating capacity and itís more fun.
- BMW status -- nothing says ďIíve made itĒ like owning a BMW. Ok, well maybe a Porsche or Ferrari or Lamborghini say that too.
- Already depreciated! If youíre looking at used cars, youíre clearly smart. This was $50k when new, now you can own it for a fraction of that.
- 1 owner, always serviced at the dealer. Owned be an SF tech executive, never skimped on service costs (in fact he had bought the extended service contract.)
- No accidents! And letís keep it that way...so no texting and driving during your test drive.
- Freshly serviced and detailed. This thing is ready to rock, just hop in and drive..you donít even need to put in the key because this baby has keyless entry and keyless start. Iíll even throw in a full tank of gas.
Oil & filter change
Transmission oil change
New spark plugs
New key remote battery
Options / Packages:
So, is there anything wrong with this marvel of BMW engineering?
- Sport Line
- Multifunction steering wheel
- Comfort access
- Reverse camera & parking distance sensor
- Fog lights
- Xenon adaptable headlights (lights turn with steering)
- Glass moonroof
- Auto folding mirrors
- Electric sport seats
- Heated seats
- High gloss black interior finishes
- Rain sensing wipers
- Cruise control with brake function
- Exterior lighting package (door handle lights)
- iDrive navigation system
- Bluetooth compatible
- Tire pressure monitoring
- Comfort access package
- Foldable rear seats and passthrough
Mechanically, no -- this thing is tip top and has always been dealer serviced. In fact, it was just serviced Sept 17th and given a clean bill of health. It will need new tires soon.
Cosmetically, there are a couple of minor blemishes (such as curb rash on the wheels). But keep in mind, it has 66k miles on it so for that mileage itís actually in very good condition. There are a few minor chips on the body as shown in the photos.