2zz Dry sump - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

2zz Dry sump

Does anyone know what company’s are making dry sump pans or systems for the 2zz? I can’t seem to find a lot of options on the market.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 06:24 PM
Addict

Garage
Talk to BOE, they have a solution.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 07:13 PM
Plug Whisperer

Our is quite robust and has been vetted a good bit in racing applications, sequentials, and 500hp. It's not on the website and it's not the cheapest system, but it is a good system.

email us via the website and we can put a kit together.

Thanks, Phil

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 485+whp REV X

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works 6 SPD 435WHP || 2014 Black Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP|| 2011 White Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

www.boefab.com: We Build Champions | Products-Service-Advice

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 07:20 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbophil View Post
Our is quite robust and has been vetted a good bit in racing applications, sequentials, and 500hp. It's not on the website and it's not the cheapest system, but it is a good system.

email us via the website and we can put a kit together.

Thanks, Phil
If you have to ask how much....Humor us and give us a ballpark.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 10:34 PM
Sig

Garage
I'd call GRP and see if this is still available... I realize this is over a year old, but you never know.

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f95/...system-408129/

Whoever said that island life is great was never committed to Alcatraz...
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 10:38 PM
Sig

Garage
And, contact Shinoo for this...

https://www.daileyengineering.com/2__zz.htm

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 04:09 AM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by machine.gun.kelly View Post
And, contact Shinoo for this...

https://www.daileyengineering.com/2__zz.htm
"This will be available from Sector 111" means it's an old reference that likely never came to fruition.

San

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 05:10 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the fast responses GRP is sold but I’ll look into the other two.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 10:42 PM
Sig

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmansan View Post
"This will be available from Sector 111" means it's an old reference that likely never came to fruition.

San
Since Sector 111 no longer exists, Dailey Engineering might/could sell directly. Dailey Engineering makes some great products. That's why I posted it up from the originator's site... Just showing what is/was available. It's always a scavenger hunt for Lotus parts. Maybe Dailey Engineering will be helpful.

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 10:57 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by machine.gun.kelly View Post
Since Sector 111 no longer exists, Dailey Engineering might/could sell directly. Dailey Engineering makes some great products. That's why I posted it up from the originator's site... Just showing what is/was available. It's always a scavenger hunt for Lotus parts. Maybe Dailey Engineering will be helpful.
"This will be available" makes me wonder if it is/was ever manufactured.

San

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 01:41 AM
Sig

Garage
Quote:

San
According to Shinoo, at least one was built. Sector111's Tasty Innovations Blog: Dry Sump for the 2ZZGE
I'm sure the 3D model to make more still exists. I'd give Bill Dailey a call if I was in the market.

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 04:07 AM

I have a pan, pump, pulley and fixture plate from monkeywrench, I can sell it, but it is many fittting to do.

Elise 2006, white, K20 turbo GT3076R, 395 whp
List of mod: I am just stupid putting that much money on that car!
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 07:06 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:

San
We sold a few and set track records in Lotus Cup with our first ArtCar. DRS bought a couple from us and converted at least one 211 GT4. This kit is top shelf.

I can still get them so contact me if you are interested.

InoKinetic - Tasty Bits for Your Lotus

BlackShadow Motors - Niche Car Sales, Service & Restoration

Email or call (951)296-6762 us for advice. We will respond!
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 08:12 AM
Plug Whisperer

Just a little background... The oil pans fabricated with drain plug, windage and pickup trough, also have removable trash screens which is handy. They're also an o-ring seal. We have aa nice gasket that some may use as well.

The pumps are peterson R4 and are under-driven of course. It's a "twisted lobe" roots design. A bit like a supercharger rotor. I believe Peterson has a patent on that: More flow, less heat, less air, type of deal. They're the experts. We used the Aviad pumps on the original p-type YEARS ago, but that were finicky. We've done about 15 of these setups with the "peter pump" and have been real happy with the results.

We're happy to furnish the plumbing and if use our tank, we have the lengths reasonably well sorted if you install the way we do it. Nothing is socketed, as we do all crimped BMRS hoses as you see in the pics.

The Tank is peterson as well. The tanks are customized by us. We went through a few iterations to get happy with the oil control. We never had issues with pressure loss at the pick-up, but fine tuning the catch can venting was more art than science at some level. Peterson is known for the best tanks in the industry. Even they admit that many of their builders take their already great designs and improve them to suit the application. We have standard bracketing for "bolt" installation of the tank. It works with the stock firewall and fuel filler as well. The drain is convenient and easy as we drop a hose from the bottom and cap it. We do the same on the remote catch can. We tried the piggyback catch cans and a few iterations of it. Never was happy until we divorced the two.

About 2/3s of the kits are on sequential trans and the other 1/3 on syncro boxes for customers who like cool stuff. I believe they're required on sequentials for any motor life.

Back when the 2ZZ was in World Challenge our kit was there, the Willzig 211 has it, obviously my TT monster has it, both the Zust race cars (Optima and XP), and several others who are pushing things beyond reason!

-Phil
Attached Images

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 485+whp REV X

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works 6 SPD 435WHP || 2014 Black Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP|| 2011 White Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

www.boefab.com: We Build Champions | Products-Service-Advice

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 08:58 AM
Supporting Vendor

Our kit from Dailey is a machine billet pan with integrated pump (fewer lines/fittings). See pix below - the first has the pump bolted onto the pan.

Another major advantage of Dailey's pump is that we were able to incorporate the air/oil separator stage which is a major advantage as oil aeration is dramatically reduced. We don't have a tank solution but used Peterson to build a custom tank and can help you do the same. We provide a complete schematic so you can build the ultimate kit for your car.

You can watch a video of our tank and effectiveness of the pump:
Attached Images

InoKinetic - Tasty Bits for Your Lotus

BlackShadow Motors - Niche Car Sales, Service & Restoration

Email or call (951)296-6762 us for advice. We will respond!
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 01:44 PM
cph

Garage
I have used both kits .. the BOE was in my 2-11 that was running a Rev400 and BOE Black engine . Dry sump worked perfectly , easy to install and would highly recommend especially if you install the same as BOE has done as they can supply all the tanks , fittings , hoses etc . This would greatly simplify the install .
Installed the Dailey in a friends car that runs a Honda K20. Works well and was easy to install but I think the overall price was nearly double after all parts required were purchased .

The good think about the BOE is that it is purpose built for the application and is a total kit ... plus if you have any issues you can always contact BOE ... just be sure to get a hotline to BOE for communication as they can be a bit difficult to contact at times.

2-11 : BOE Built Engine / Rev 400 SC / Quaife Sequential / Dry Sump / Fastworks Tune SOLD
https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f16...roject-339234/

ELISE : K20 / TVS 1320 / EP sequential / Dry Sumped / Motec M1

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f16...ealand-439105/

JUNO SSE K20 NA
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 03:55 PM
Less is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide00 View Post
Does anyone know what companyís are making dry sump pans or systems for the 2zz? I canít seem to find a lot of options on the market.
What are you building, if you don't mind my asking?
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

2007 Exige, I’m turning it into a dedicated track car and considering a sequential transmission and from everything I’ve read a dry sump is a must so have to figure that in. The other option is Zust custom gear set.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 03:44 AM
Elise Guru

As mentioned above, 2 of our Blackwatch Cars have the BOE dry sump setup. It has worked flawlessly on the XP Car and Optima car. Other than helping with stable lubrication, a few other benefits. 1. Petersen has alot of experience in designing the tank to De-aerate the oil, i.e. put air from the oil. This is a big deal. The 2012/2013 Boss mustang RoadRunner engine removed the piston oil jets which removed about 7% aeration allowing Ford to hit reliability targets. We also have oil jets, but we need them given the power levels we are getting from 1.8L. The tank takes alot of air bubbles out. Air doesn't lubricate bearings, oil does. 2. The dry sump let us remove the oil cooler from the XP car and reduces the load on the Optima car. The DS helps cool the oil for extreme condition use.

FWIW.

Cheers!

Multiple SCCA Solo National and Pro Solo National Championships

Blackwatch Racing - Better for the Street, Proven on the track

Lotus Performance Parts and Accessories

Winning Suspension
- Larini Exhaust - BWR Close Ratio Gearset
We build the toughest Lotus Transmissions for the Elige. From Stock to SCCA-NASA-World Challenge Winners.

6UL wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus "Track" and Racing Cars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in