Advice/directions for Arch Louvre grills? - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-05-2014, 06:34 AM
SICARIO

I will take some measurements and a few pics. I could possibly make a paper template also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-05-2014, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Elise Driver

A paper template would be perfect, so that if anyone wants to have it they could just download the file. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-05-2014, 03:56 PM

ive your going to do it, stop messing about and do it properly, use a proper vent that deflects the air passing over the clam to create a lower pressure zone at vent exit to help with relieving with wheel arch pressure.

Yes mine look rather industrial but thats because im not bothered about looks, more performance, you could happily trim them and then mould them into the clam so its all one piece if desired.

For reference they cost $12 per pair

post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-05-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotoaster View Post
ive your going to do it, stop messing about and do it properly, use a proper vent that deflects the air passing over the clam to create a lower pressure zone at vent exit to help with relieving with wheel arch pressure.

Yes mine look rather industrial but thats because im not bothered about looks, more performance, you could happily trim them and then mould them into the clam so its all one piece if desired.

For reference they cost $12 per pair
Where did you purchase those louvers?

Jason

06' Fed Elise

My frame, rear subframe, steering rack, A-arms, front crash structure, suspension uprights, and fuel tank are stock.
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-05-2014, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Elise Driver

And what about the rear wheel arches, don't they get any vents?
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-05-2014, 10:48 PM

Yeah

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

slwkart
post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasondew View Post
Where did you purchase those louvers?
Ebay. Came from china. They are designed for marine application. Took me 6months to find some as most vents are designed to just let heat out of a bonnet when the car is stationary and dont work very effective for venting arches atclam designedr you s2 it will be much easier to fit these as you have a nice flat section on top to put them. The s1 is nothing but curves so was had to take a bit of the strength out of the vent to get it to bend to shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeray View Post
And what about the rear wheel arches, don't they get any vents?
If your talking to me then I dont run arch liners so all the rear pressure is distributed into the engine bay and the entire rear section of my clam is open so it has about a 24" 24" to vent to. Also my dual element wing creates a low pressure zone at the clam exit helping to extract the air from the clam. I will be trimming off the lower section of my clam off but thats more to minimise drag than reduce lift.

Last edited by turbotoaster; 09-06-2014 at 01:24 AM.
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotoaster View Post
Ebay. Came from china. They are designed for marine application. Took me 6months to find some as most vents are designed to just let heat out of a bonnet when the car is stationary and dont work very effective for venting arches atclam designedr you s2 it will be much easier to fit these as you have a nice flat section on top to put them. The s1 is nothing but curves so was had to take a bit of the strength out of the vent to get it to bend to shape.

If your talking to me then I dont run arch liners so all the rear pressure is distributed into the engine bay and the entire rear section of my clam is open so it has about a 24" 24" to vent to. Also my dual element wing creates a low pressure zone at the clam exit helping to extract the air from the clam. I will be trimming off the lower section of my clam off but thats more to minimise drag than reduce lift.
Nice work.

Jason

06' Fed Elise

My frame, rear subframe, steering rack, A-arms, front crash structure, suspension uprights, and fuel tank are stock.
post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Elise Driver

Holy batwing and diffuser batman!
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 10:02 AM

Link to vents

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

slwkart
post #51 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 11:15 AM

ABS Slotted Vents Ventilation 27290 White Plastic 305mm*83mm Marine Boat New | eBay

this was where i bought them from, seems not to sell them anymore, but search for seaworld marine vents on google might bring something up
post #52 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 04:21 PM

Old thread...

This is what I did with a 3D cheap printer. 3D printer is more accessible than ever. Not perfect, but still pretty cool for me.
Attached Images

Elise 2006, white, K20 turbo GT3076R, 395 whp
List of mod: I am just stupid putting that much money on that car!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus "Track" and Racing Cars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in