Anyone used Toyo RRs? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By whohasmylogin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Anyone used Toyo RRs?

I can get them at a deal as they are a sponsor for BMW ---has anyone used them on a Lotus track car and if so how did they do/fit? Using A7s on the 2-11 now--I know the A7s are certainly better grip but in our Spec E36 BMW series the new RR is a blast and seems to get a tad quicker with some wear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 02:50 PM

I'm also interested hearing about the RRs.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 10:07 AM

I see this post is old but... I live in Phoenix and tried the RR for track days on my Elise SC. If you read up on the RR tire you will find that the tire does well between 27-33 and 38-41psi. 34-37 is no mans land and it SUCKS. The trick to our cars is that they are so light that it is hard to get and keep heat in the tires. I started at 27 and let the pressures build up and rarely got to the danger zone. They are GREAT track tires and lasted us 6 weekends without seeing much drop off. If you are beginner driver I'd say you could get 10 or more on them. Even if there tread is gone, the tire still sticks pretty good. If you are going to run race group, I'd say 4 weekends is a good prediction and 5 if you aren't real good. I've got a lot of race experience and I let my buddy (HPDE guy) run the car when I thought the tires were done and he thought they were still like new. So, it all comes down to how hard you drive them but for the money they are the cats meow. For comparison, we ran NT01's, 888's, and few others and have decided to run only rr's until someone comes out with the latest and greatest.

My comment may have passed the expiration date but hopefully it will help you guys in the future that are reading this. I welcome other folks thoughts after they try them!
ERDoc74 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus "Track" and Racing Cars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in