Watched your video... There absolutely time you're leaving on the table where you get parked from blowing the turn.
Outside of that a couple very important points on your lotus. 1) the stock aero is draggy and doesn't work well at all. So you're getting dinged on speed relative to the DF you're getting in exchange. 2) your tires. If I'm competing, my car has fresh rubber on it. Since I was racing in those vids, I'm sure I was on heat cycle 1 or 2 with A6s or A7s. Compared to a 888, that's HUGE. Heat cycle 3-10 or so are no less than 1 second slower than cycle 1 and 2... Probably closer to 1.5-2.5 seconds on average. After HC10, they become tire swings. That said, relative to 888s, the As are night and day better even when they're in tire swing status. The chassis won't get R Hoosiers hot enough, so don't bother with them.
The seats and AC are not your weight problems in the porky exige. Start with proper thin skin only top and boot lid. We can have those made up for you and they're not expensive. That weight is WAY up high and there's a lot of it on the Exige. You can lose like 60lbs of the highest weight on the car with this advice and it will make the car transition much nicer. Leave the seats and AC for now.
Ditch the POS wing and splitter and use this car: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f232...-exige-422393/
as an example for an exceptional "bolt on" aero package.
You can switch out to shorter and wider tires on 15s like on the orange car I linked to. The aesthetics are take it or leave it, but the shorter tires significantly improve the final drive ratio and improve roll centers.
That's 70% of what the car needs to go fast. The other 30% get expensive. The rest of the work is in your head. When you're in the turns, keep feeding the car skinny pedal to find the limit where it just pushes and then let off easy. I'm constantly giving it gas in sweepers. When the car starts to push, I let off a bit and then feed it some more again. that strategy keeps me honest. By that I mean I can honestly tell myself the chassis, in it's current state, would not take that turn any faster... Now, could I have entered the turn faster? YES! We can pretty much always brake better/later and enter with more authority and more consistently. In the middle of the turn, however, constantly gently feeding it juice to find the push point will ensure that you're at terminal turning velocity.
Hope that helps,