Exige V6 Cup brake question - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 04:33 AM Thread Starter

Exige V6 Cup brake question

We just acquired a 2013 Exige V6 Cup, and are working with a specific brake pad company for a set of new pads for the car.

When looking up pad sizing charts and FMSI numbers, all I can find is "Exige Sport Cup - 06+", but can't find anything specific for the V6 Cup.

Can anyone tell me if the Exige Cup's from last generation use the same brake pads as the new V6 Cups?

Thanks,

-Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 04:37 AM

Maybe this can help?

Brakes - V6 - TechWiki

"Lots Of Trouble; Usually Serious"
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 05:41 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbstyle View Post
We just acquired a 2013 Exige V6 Cup, and are working with a specific brake pad company for a set of new pads for the car.

When looking up pad sizing charts and FMSI numbers, all I can find is "Exige Sport Cup - 06+", but can't find anything specific for the V6 Cup.

Can anyone tell me if the Exige Cup's from last generation use the same brake pads as the new V6 Cups?

Thanks,

-Scott
Find the AP Racing S/N on your caliper, that'll tell you what caliper family you have, then go to AP Racing and they'll have the information you need. They are not the same brakes as the S2 Exige Cup. They should be similar to the Evora, though.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 06:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by acslater View Post
Find the AP Racing S/N on your caliper, that'll tell you what caliper family you have, then go to AP Racing and they'll have the information you need. They are not the same brakes as the S2 Exige Cup. They should be similar to the Evora, though.
Great, thanks. Haven't taken delivery of it yet, but once it arrives I'll look up the caliper S/N.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 06:26 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbstyle View Post
Great, thanks. Haven't taken delivery of it yet, but once it arrives I'll look up the caliper S/N.
Got it, didn't realize you didn't have the car yet. For the Evora, the caliper S/N is AP Racing's CP6696 which would put it in the CP6600 family
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 08:04 AM

Caliper: AP6600

Pads:
Pagid RS14 part # 20345
Hawk DTC 70 part #….HB585U.660
These pad numbers should help use cross-reference charts for other manufacturers' offerings

Important Note if your car's brakes are the same as my 2015 CupR ---Calipers are the same size front and rear, so you'd think they should take the same size pad front and rear…. BUT, the rear pads are milled by Lotus at the radius (~ 4mm) so they will avoid slight contact with the rear hat bobbins . Caliper placement on the rear rotor vis-a-vis the rear hat is closer than on the front 2-piece rotors. You'll understand once you remove the pads.

Good luck!

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Caliper: AP6600

Pads:
Pagid RS14 part # 20345
Hawk DTC 70 part #….HB585U.660
These pad numbers should help use cross-reference charts for other manufacturers' offerings

Important Note if your car's brakes are the same as my 2015 CupR ---Calipers are the same size front and rear, so you'd think they should take the same size pad front and rear…. BUT, the rear pads are milled by Lotus at the radius (~ 4mm) so they will avoid slight contact with the rear hat bobbins . Caliper placement on the rear rotor vis-a-vis the rear hat is closer than on the front 2-piece rotors. You'll understand once you remove the pads.

Good luck!
Fantastic info thanks!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 03:38 PM

Common issue for conventional surface mount two piece rotors (hardware interfere with brake component/hardware) as this one on Mercedes.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-c...ce-rotors.html

But there is a different design that can certainly avoid that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus "Track" and Racing Cars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in