Hoosier A7's - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Hoosier A7's

Hey LT! Hope everyone's day is going well. Last night I spent about 2 hours searching the forums and am struggling to get a definite answer on something. A lot of conversations on spacers, what classifies as "rubbing" and comparisons to the r6 but nothing concrete in regards to my question. I recently purchased the Sector 111 Ethos wheels in 15x7 and 17x8 for the track. What is this largest Hoosier A7 I could fit on those wheels with minimal rubbing and no spacers? From what little I found I believe I could fit 205/50/15 on the 15x7 wheel and 225/40/17 or 225/45/17 on the 17x8 in the rear? Could someone please confirm or deny this? Thanks!

Straights roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers - Colin Mcrae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 08:01 AM

I have an exige and I run 225 45 15 and 245 40 17.

The rears fit with "no" rubbing with 38 offset and 14mm spacer and 3 degrees camber. I had previously removed the inside lip of the wheel well so I am not sure if it would hit this if it was still there. There is like NO extra space. If you run less spacer or more camber you will hit the inside frame rail.

The fronts rub the inside of the headlight area. I just riveted in some AL to the back of my fender liner and I am led to believe this will eliminate it rubbing through the light housing, time will tell. Fronts are 15x8 30 offset .190 spacer.

Good Luck!

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 11:43 AM

Fronts should not be a problem unless you are running the car very low (headlight housing rubbing as mentioned above). With those wheels/offsets, you will rub with the rear tire (225/45x17), which is the proper 225 sized tire to run vs the 225/40, IMHO. You probably could get away with a 4.8mm spacer and avoid rubbing with the 225/45/17.... Blackwatch or BOE have those spacers in stock.

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus "Track" and Racing Cars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in