Looking for my grandfather's Lotus 41B - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 01:29 PM

Michael,

I was at the Monterey Races in 1999. Great pic!

To the OP...good luck finding the car. I am sure it will surface if you keep looking.

Torrey

'06 Elise...my DH's other woman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

No luck yet. But my dad may have found the notebook with chassis number in it. He is going to look this week and let me know. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 06:21 PM
anglophile in exile

All the best with your search - hope your father is succesful with the notebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost41b View Post
... Second pics too big wont let me load but picture Ralt atlantics with Lola F/5000s and a few FB cars like this.
You can upload the big file into the gallery which then resizes for display within the forum - I can do it for you if you like

Last edited by Aedo; 02-09-2009 at 06:28 PM.

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost41b View Post
No luck yet. But my dad may have found the notebook with chassis number in it. He is going to look this week and let me know. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Chassis number will go a long way to finding the car. Also if you've not already ask if there were any unique mods done. Most 41s have had a hard life and were "improved" to stay competitive.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

PS - the wheel in the lower right of my avatar is from the 41 that SandsMuseum posted earlier in this thread.

Lotus events in California - www.gglotus.org
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 08:59 AM

Awesome story, i really do hope you find it. Please share updates as they come.
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 09:06 AM

Lost41b, I am the HLR's Lotus 41 registrar, VulcanGrey posted pics of my car above in the thread. 61 of the type 41s were built and quite a few of them passed thru California at one time or other, including mine.

It's going to be pretty difficult to narrow down which car was your grandfather's as, by the early 1980's the original color was certain to have been changed, so I can't go by that alone.

If you have more details that you can share with me, I'll do my best to track down the car. You can contact me off-list at tacogc (at) yahoo (dot) com.

Greg Carpenter
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 06:40 AM

Isn't this forum great or what

Richard

'13 Scion FR-S (Whiteout)
'07 Lotus Exige S (Aspen White) Touring, Traction, Starshield
'95 Miata (Montego Blue)
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliseAtLeast View Post
Isn't this forum great or what
Yes it is a great forum.... now I'm looking for my grandfather. Can it help me locate him? about 5' 10", graying, last seen at a race in Monterey. Had a beard. Smelled like burnt clutch. He met some woman from the BMW boards.

2002 Brian Moore C55 >> 2002 Ibanez AR250 with Gibson Burstbuckers >> 2001 Taylor Grand Auditorium >> 2000 Les Paul Custom 3 pickup >> 1998 Brian Moore C90 >> SRF chassis 543 >> 1976 Rickenbacker 4001 >> 1972 Fender Telecaster >> 1939 Gibson Archtop
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 02:56 PM

lotus41B, I know this has been a while but curious if you found any more info on the Lotus 41 your grandfather had. I'm curious because I bought a 41 here in L.A. about 2 years ago that had last been sold in the mid 80's and I have very little history for it. the body was painted light green with an Ecurie Purple name painted on the side.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

I havent gotten any further but not for lack of wanting to. Have been raising two boys so the search has been stalled. The car was sold painted a dark metallic blue. the engine was blown up from what my dad remembers. i, hoping to have a chassis number this weekend to help narrow the search but the timeline you mention sounds like the right time. any pics of your 41 I can see?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus "Track" and Racing Cars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in