5Likes
  • 3 Post By turbophil
  • 1 Post By TachItUp
  • 1 Post By good2go

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Really Fast on Track

One of the fastest track 2ZZ Lotuses in North America. I have the logs from this day. He was making it from 120 to 140 MPH in 3.0 seconds... Try that at home, folks. It's fast! This is all with straight positive displacement supercharging, which means NA like throttle response but a torque curve as flat as Kansas.
This car makes 415whp at full at full track temps. It has full aero drag with large wing, splitter, and canards and still laughs at 140mph . 25 PSI boost with a BOE REVX kit. We've made 515whp with this kit with more ideal hardware and fueling.
Fast forward to the sections on the straight and you'll see it gobble up MPH like its nobody's business. He's clearly gear limited and "throttling" the the straight around 140mph to avoid bouncing off the rev limiter... Next step is obviously a higher Final Drive to let the car stretch its legs.

My good friend @darkSol is estimating these BOE REVX cars to be low to mid 10 second 1/4 mile cars at about 140mph. That ain't bad for "kit" power that's track worthy!

Love it!!!

Phil

PS- Hope you can see the video via the facebook link below!

Video Link on FaceBook
darkSol, qz5gxt and Fermi like this.

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 485+whp REV X

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works 6 SPD 435WHP || 2014 Black Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP|| 2011 White Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

www.boefab.com: We Build Champions | Products-Service-Advice

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 04:58 PM

That is pure insanity. Nice work!
turbophil likes this.

2005 Nightfall Blue Elise: Sport, Touring, Quantum Zeros, Pro Alloy, BWR De-Cat, Stage II, BOE Torque200 tune
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 05:20 PM

Garage
Awesome engineering feat! Congratulations. I might have to bring my Elise to you for the ultimate transformation when I retire (and fully funded) in a few years.
turbophil likes this.

Modded but still NA!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

I should mention that he doesn't really start letting it breathe on the back straight till lap 4ish... so start around 4:30 on the video. I giggle...

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 485+whp REV X

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works 6 SPD 435WHP || 2014 Black Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP|| 2011 White Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

www.boefab.com: We Build Champions | Products-Service-Advice

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 07:32 PM
Elise Guru

That is awesome! Love the lower compression BOE motors with more boost. Ferrari has the 488 which is turbo. Jeremy Clarkson says it is best engine ever. McLaren is Turbo. The SC on the small displacement Toyota motor has instant torque. NA is just so dead with the way the TVS and ECU tuning is dialed. Can't wait to get the dust off the XP car and get out there.....

Oh if anyone wants a TVS, you can get them from BWR too...

Multiple SCCA Solo National and Pro Solo National Championships

Blackwatch Racing - Better for the Street, Proven on the track

Lotus Performance Parts and Accessories

Winning Suspension
- Larini Exhaust - BWR Close Ratio Gearset
We build the toughest Lotus Transmissions for the Elige. From Stock to SCCA-NASA-World Challenge Winners.

6UL wheels
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 08:20 PM
The Enforcer

You're killing me. Seriously.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 08:39 PM

That's downright scary.

I like it

Cosworth short block, BOE Rev 400, Cometic Head Gasket 11.5:1, JCR Head with BOE Spec Porting, A/C Delete, BOE Surge Tank, ACT HDSS Clutch,BOE TOC Oil Pan, BOE HP Radiator, BOE Front Mount HEX, BOE Rear Mounted Oil Cooler System and Fan, Larini 4:1 Header, BOE Featherweight Exhaust, Nitron DA, Gut Sport Front Splitter, Difflow 5 Element Diffuser and Aeroplates, 5 point harnesses, BMW bolts, Yellow painted calipers, Jim Clayton Tow Hook, Rear Tow Hook, Visor Delete, Halon Fire Extinguisher.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzust View Post
That is awesome! Love the lower compression BOE motors with more boost. Ferrari has the 488 which is turbo. Jeremy Clarkson says it is best engine ever. McLaren is Turbo. The SC on the small displacement Toyota motor has instant torque. NA is just so dead with the way the TVS and ECU tuning is dialed. Can't wait to get the dust off the XP car and get out there.....

Oh if anyone wants a TVS, you can get them from BWR too...
What? I thought TVS was REV400 and REV-X was a Whipple?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 09:22 AM
Elise Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by glagola1 View Post
What? I thought TVS was REV400 and REV-X was a Whipple?
You are reading more into that than I intended. The Rev-X is a built-motor serious bit of kit commitment. I was speaking of the TVS300 and TVS400 that we also sell. These are still incredibly capable and very fast. They are not twin-charged custom terrors like your car, though! My larger point is that forced induction has gotten so good that N/A's future is limited in performance. It used to be that you gave up something with forced induction from NA; i.e. throttle response, peaky power deliver etc. Now the only thing you give up going from NA to a TVS300 or TVS400 is boredom.

Multiple SCCA Solo National and Pro Solo National Championships

Blackwatch Racing - Better for the Street, Proven on the track

Lotus Performance Parts and Accessories

Winning Suspension
- Larini Exhaust - BWR Close Ratio Gearset
We build the toughest Lotus Transmissions for the Elige. From Stock to SCCA-NASA-World Challenge Winners.

6UL wheels
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzust View Post
You are reading more into that than I intended. The Rev-X is a built-motor serious bit of kit commitment. I was speaking of the TVS300 and TVS400 that we also sell. These are still incredibly capable and very fast. They are not twin-charged custom terrors like your car, though! My larger point is that forced induction has gotten so good that N/A's future is limited in performance. It used to be that you gave up something with forced induction from NA; i.e. throttle response, peaky power deliver etc. Now the only thing you give up going from NA to a TVS300 or TVS400 is boredom.
Ah, gotcha. I would love to test one of those Whipple powered cars one day...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus "Track" and Racing Cars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in