Reverie large front Splitter with OEM Exige wing? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By difflow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Reverie large front Splitter with OEM Exige wing?

On my first track day with my Exige S my front end felt loose/light on high speed straights and I would like more downforce. My last high hp track Elise had a large front splitter and the large Reverie 1300mm rear wing and was amazing downforce and felt so much more planted.

I am considering getting the Reverie larger front splinter but wondering if anyone has done this keeping just the Exige OEM wing?

This is the splitter I am looking at;
Exige S2 front spoiler / splitter, carbon (with clamshell hump clearance cut-outs). | Front Splitters | Reverie

My Exige is 50% corner balanced
120mm frt 125mm rear height
zero toe with 2.0 camber front and 2mm toe in with 2.5 max camber rear
Track pack suspension (just order BWR Penske’s)

Current 2007 Exige S TOURING PACK, TRACK PACK, LSD, Aspen White, BOE Torque300, Tank,2bular muffler, Larini header/Decat, RLS Intercooler, Intercooler Vent Ducts/tubes PENSKE SINGLE-ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS, CUPdiscs-Front ULTRAdisc rear, Lotus AP 4 Pot Calipers, Fidanza lightweight flywheel, ACT HDSS Clutch......way too much to list..

Past 2014 Arial Atom
Past Lotus- 2005 Elise, BOE REV400TVS,Nikasil SB, Arias pistons,....et cetera-track monster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 03:14 PM

Garage
OEM Exige wing is garbage and should be replaced, too. But the ReVerie splitter is primo. I have one on my car and there really isn't a better option out there as far as plug-and-play. As far as wings go, get something clamshell mounted with support to the frame e.g., Reverie or APR versions. The Reverie has a better df/drag ratio, but the APR is an excellent value.

In between getting the splitter and the ReVerie wing, I did a few events with just the front splitter and it was definitely an improvement, but with the wing too everything just feels more balanced.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 04:28 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acslater View Post
OEM Exige wing is garbage and should be replaced, too. But the ReVerie splitter is primo. I have one on my car and there really isn't a better option out there as far as plug-and-play. As far as wings go, get something clamshell mounted with support to the frame e.g., Reverie or APR versions. The Reverie has a better df/drag ratio, but the APR is an excellent value.

In between getting the splitter and the ReVerie wing, I did a few events with just the front splitter and it was definitely an improvement, but with the wing too everything just feels more balanced.
To clarify, both the early Exige rear wing and the 2010 style rear wing are garbage. They flex like wet noodles. The exception is the carbon 2010 wing that is extremely expensive. I bought HKFever's 2010 style dry carbon wing as the APR and Reverie giant wings aren't my cup of tea. For track use I have no doubt they are very effective.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 06:07 PM

You should have a Reverie rear wing if you are going to run the Reverie front splitter on the track. Look at this downforce data (link below) and you'll see that the Reverie front splitter increases downforce by more than twice factory. So keeping that fakey-do OEM rear wing is going to result in very significant oversteer.

I run Reverie splitter, canards, and rear wing and am quite pleased with the track performance, but a bit poorer because of it.

http://www.sector111.com/images/prod...erie_wings.pdf
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 06:12 PM

Garage
I wouldn't say the front splitter with the OEM wing resulted in significant oversteer at all, and I'm running canards, too. Then again I also had Nitron triples at the time that were properly setup
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Next week I will have BWR SA Penske's on with 500/700R springs to help with any potential oversteer. V2 Motorsports is local for me and Ralph does my final suspension and corner balance set up after I get it close.

Current 2007 Exige S TOURING PACK, TRACK PACK, LSD, Aspen White, BOE Torque300, Tank,2bular muffler, Larini header/Decat, RLS Intercooler, Intercooler Vent Ducts/tubes PENSKE SINGLE-ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS, CUPdiscs-Front ULTRAdisc rear, Lotus AP 4 Pot Calipers, Fidanza lightweight flywheel, ACT HDSS Clutch......way too much to list..

Past 2014 Arial Atom
Past Lotus- 2005 Elise, BOE REV400TVS,Nikasil SB, Arias pistons,....et cetera-track monster
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 08:07 PM

Garage
I say go for it. And you're gonna love the Penskes, but of course you already know that
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 07:44 AM

ACSlater
What wing are you running?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 08:03 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTLotus View Post
ACSlater
What wing are you running?
https://www.reverie.ltd.uk/product_d...code=R01SB0160

ReVerie single 225mm chord 1650mm width with their high level wing support legs

https://www.reverie.ltd.uk/product_d...code=R01SB6039
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 08:38 AM

Front splitter without the wing is going to be better than nothing because the car understeers a ton stock. Just the gains under braking are worth getting the front splitter.

If you do want a real wing I have a carbon HK fever adjustable for sale ... moving up to the reverie frame mounted from BOE.

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 08:34 AM
Licensed Driver

An Exige 5 Element Rear Diffuser would help add downforce and reduce your drag from rear-air-swirl on the track as well!
qz5gxt likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus "Track" and Racing Cars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in