'04 Esprit went cheap on Ebay... - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by E5PR1T View Post
Well.... I missed this one, too Looks like in this market you have to move very fast on good cars when they come up for sale.

Did it go to anyone here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 07:46 PM
98 Esprit V8 Calypso Red

Well...I know you'll find the right Esprit soon...btw what are your color preferences?
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 04:38 AM

I believe it's still for sale so call the dealer

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 09:57 AM

It is typical of ebay, the same cars over and over. The silver 2000 with the asking price of 65k has been listed for over a year straight!
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 11:43 AM

It is disappointing that the same vehicles show up all the time and quite a few of them seem to have a bad rap when it comes to service. The 2000 car just needs to be sold for a realistic price, unfortunately the dealer does not seem to care.

Best of luck, the right car will appear at the right time.

Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.

Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001), "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

formerly 2004 Final Edition Esprit VIN 10585, 36 before the final VIN 10621.
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by E5PR1T View Post
...btw what are your color preferences?
In order of preference :

1) Silver
2) Grey (Gunmetal, etc.)
3) Dark Blue
4) Lighter Blue (Azure, etc.)

NO Red, Yellow, or Black... which narrows the available cars down a lot

Last edited by finnerty; 11-12-2009 at 01:16 PM.
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
I believe it's still for sale so call the dealer
Well not really.... According to the dealer, the car has not been sold, but a deposit has been paid, a purchase price has been agreed upon, and the deal is pending completion. So, for now, they are not taking any other offers (in fact, the dealer wouldn't even allow me to "out bid" the potential buyer). So unless the deal falls through, the car is gone. While this does happen sometimes, I'm not holding my breath....
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 11:57 AM

New Esprit Final Run Edition owner

Hello Finnerty,

My name is Ed and I am the one that has purchased the 2003.5 Final Run Edition in Chicago.

I own a F355 and this is my first Esprit. I did a lot of research and went to try the car out. It was in great condition and I bought it. Previously I checked with Fox the VIN and everything is OK. The car has all its service records. It only had 1 previous owner and all services were performed in Lotus in British Columbia.

On Wednesday I am having the cam belt changed +oil, fluids/etc at Aston Martin/Lotus here in Boston. The car has 17,000 certified miles, so it will be 100% ready.

Anyway, I simply wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I was always felt a passion towards the Esprit and I am glad I can share it will all of you.

I will be posting any doubts I have regarding the car, as it is my first Esprit.

Thanks,
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnerty View Post
Well not really.... According to the dealer, the car has not been sold, but a deposit has been paid, a purchase price has been agreed upon, and the deal is pending completion. So, for now, they are not taking any other offers (in fact, the dealer wouldn't even allow me to "out bid" the potential buyer). So unless the deal falls through, the car is gone. While this does happen sometimes, I'm not holding my breath....

Last edited by Espritfinalrun; 11-28-2009 at 01:59 PM.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 01:54 PM

For those following this thread I will have a '99 Red Esprit for sale in the near future. 20,000 miles, new paint job, new carpet. Both tops with bag and deflector, 2 key sets, tool kit, satellite radio, S/S Tubi muffler, new tires and brakes. New belts and fresh "C" service. Northern New Jersey. $45,000 firm. Finnerty won't want it because it's red but maybe someone else will! For espritfinalrun my advice is to get the following which should be included with every Lotus Esprit but is not always:
glass top
composite solid top
bag for top
air deflector
2 keys, 2 key fob transmitters, and 2 touch keys (round alarm bypass)
Floor mats
Owner's manual
tool kit
2 keys for the wheel lock
spare tire, jack, lug wrench, hold-down
battery cover
A CLEAN Title and service history
Too often a seller will remove some of these items and then you will see them appear on E-bay! The car was delivered new with all of this stuff, you should get it too! Other things to look for, the SIR light has to blink 7-9 times and then go out, the MIL light has to light during cranking and then stay off and not blink. The immobilisor locks about 2 minutes after shutting off the motor. You should not have to force the gearshift in or out of any gears, there should be NO looseness in the steering or the brakes or the clutch. No leaks and the motor should start up easily and fast. The brake and clutch fluid has to be changed EVERY year.
David Teitelbaum
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 02:06 PM

Thanks JTrealty, the car came with all that with the exeption of the bag for the top. All this information that you have given me is extremely useful.

But just to be comfortable, Im having it serviced this Wednesday at an official Lotus dealership. The last service the car had it had 11,000. It now has 17,000. It has not been used during the past 3 years.
There are no leaks. I drove the car; brakes where it very good shape, engine sound was good, steering sharp.

I will let you know if it has any issues when its serviced.

Thanks again,

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrealty View Post
For those following this thread I will have a '99 Red Esprit for sale in the near future. 20,000 miles, new paint job, new carpet. Both tops with bag and deflector, 2 key sets, tool kit, satellite radio, S/S Tubi muffler, new tires and brakes. New belts and fresh "C" service. Northern New Jersey. $45,000 firm. Finnerty won't want it because it's red but maybe someone else will! For espritfinalrun my advice is to get the following which should be included with every Lotus Esprit but is not always:
glass top
composite solid top
bag for top
air deflector
2 keys, 2 key fob transmitters, and 2 touch keys (round alarm bypass)
Floor mats
Owner's manual
tool kit
2 keys for the wheel lock
spare tire, jack, lug wrench, hold-down
battery cover
A CLEAN Title and service history
Too often a seller will remove some of these items and then you will see them appear on E-bay! The car was delivered new with all of this stuff, you should get it too! Other things to look for, the SIR light has to blink 7-9 times and then go out, the MIL light has to light during cranking and then stay off and not blink. The immobilisor locks about 2 minutes after shutting off the motor. You should not have to force the gearshift in or out of any gears, there should be NO looseness in the steering or the brakes or the clutch. No leaks and the motor should start up easily and fast. The brake and clutch fluid has to be changed EVERY year.
David Teitelbaum
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 04:08 PM

Having it serviced at a Lotus dealer is a very good first step. Have them help you get familiar with the car as to starting and driving it. Go over all of the things on the car. Lotus's do NOT like being ignored (for 3 years!!!!). Likely some things will be erratic till you "excercise" the car a bit. Have the tech show you how to check fluid levels, tire pressures, etc. Drive the car easy till you get accustomed to it. Join the local Lotus club. If you can, you should consider taking a driving course to help teach you how to handle a car like a Lotus. There is all kinds of other advice on how to live with your Lotus. Everyone will be happy to teach you. Too bad Winter is coming and you won't have a lot of chances to drive it in Boston! Buy a Battery Tender to keep the battery up during the Winter. Use it once every two weeks for a day. And a good tire gauge. And driving shoes and gloves. And a Valentine 1.
David Teitelbaum
post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrealty View Post
...a '99 Red Esprit...$45,000 firm. Finnerty won't want it because it's red...
I wish you the best of luck with your sale

But, I can tell you that unless you find a buyer who is very keen for the color (red), you may have a tough time selling at that price. I've been combing the market for about 18 months now, and I've looked at quite a few cars ---- based on what I've observed, your asking price is too high for the current market.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espritfinalrun View Post
Hello Finnerty,

My name is Ed and I am the one that has purchased the 2003.5 Final Run Edition in Chicago.

Thanks,
Ed
Congratulations ! I'm sad for me , but happy for you . I just sent you a PM, by the way.

Cheers,
Dave
post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 07:21 PM

Dave,

Hello, I searched for a final run for about 6 months and this one just had it all. I flew to Chicago, drove it, tested it, and totally convinced me. But just be patient and more will come along your way. I you ever drop by Boston, let me know and you can try it out

Regards,

Ed
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 07:35 AM

Mine's for sale!
$39,000

Super clean, spotless history...just added a Stebro exhaust.

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/...9-999-a-66964/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Esprit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in