The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Boom who will buy one

2K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  aviation 
#1 ·
#8 ·
When I saw that Geely had bought Lotus, years ago now, I thought why would they want them? My conclusion was they want to be in the lead with electric cars. And, to be efficient they should be as light as possible, hence- Lotus. I suspect this is a halo car. Just to impress and get attention. Real cars, street cars that are affordable will follow. Like it or not, electric IS the future. I am lamenting the day actually. They will become a conveyance, devoid of personality, but not style. That car is beautiful!!!

#14 ·
I am wondering in a hypothetical how much weight in batteries do you need to give a 2000lb car 200 miles of range. For example, lets say you started with an Elise, swapped the engine for electric motors, so you back at 2000lbs. Now we add batteries. How much weight is it for 200 miles range? I think this will be interesting. If it is like 1000 more lbs, it would be hard to make a compelling Lotus like electric car. However, if you could do it for 500lbs that would be pretty cool.

#20 · (Edited)
I'm assuming the US is getting at least 5 of them, since there are 5 Evija accredited partners in the US.
One of the articles said this car was not for the US market. Guessing at this price point some might make it here anyway.

"Only 130 Evijas will be built at Lotus’ Hethel plant, and it’ll set you back between £1.5 and £2 million ($1.9 to $2.5 million) plus local taxes. They’ll only come in left hand drive and it’s currently only homologated for Europe, though that won’t stop interested parties sourcing one outside European borders."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.