Brighton Motorsports Scottsdale - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Brighton Motorsports Scottsdale

So Brighton Motorsports is I believe the new Lotus Dealership for the Phoenix area...

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/a...ership-273410/

I was wondering if anyone had actually used them for Esprit V8 service and if they have anyone on staff that has actually worked on an Esprit V8. I could imagine that any training they get may not include training for the Esprit. Would like to hear experiences from Esprit owners.

Also open to any suggestions for mechanics in the greater Phoenix area. I had one but had mixed results. I've tried contacting two other leads but never get a response. So frustrating... is it impossible to find a mechanic that knows what they are doing, can actually communicate, and return calls and keep you informed when they have your vehicle; you know just basic good business practice... ho hum.

I have a decent chunk of work I'd like to get done so if anyone can supply a lead I'd appreciate it.

Thx

jerry

Esprit 2002 Silver Anniversary Edition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 01:52 PM

Garage
I had my Evora's first service there a few weeks ago:

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f123...dealer-277777/

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/n...ership-274553/

I think Shane Mustoe, the owner said he's worked on other Lotus' before becoming a dealership. However, I assume this means the Elise.

The other option is Corey Hohm who use to be the master Lotus Tech as Scottsdale Lotus (Penske) and I know he's worked on Esprit before. He's now with Scottsdale Vault. I heard they were also trying to be the local dealer but Brighton beat them too it.

https://www.facebook.com/Scottsdalevault

2005 Lotus Elise- SOLD 6/9/07
2011 Lotus Evora - SOLD 4/18/13
2011 Lotus Evora S - SOLD - 10/7/14
2014 Lotus Evora S IPS - SOLD 2/13/16
2016 Something else in red
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Thx Allen,

Do you happen to have current contact email, kind of like to drop them an email detailing what I'd like done and see their response. I did have an email and phone number for Corey I got from another member a while ago but I never got a response to email or a phone message I left so maybe they were bad.

Thx

jerry

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

The email I have for him is [email protected] and the number I have matches the vaults phone number so guess both are correct so I'll try and get hold of him again.

Jerry

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 02:03 PM

Phoenix Area Service

Jerry,

I've been using Sports & Collector Car Center for service on my 4 cyl Esprit. Excellent mechanics there. They are located on 2042 W. 1st St, Tempe, AZ 85281. Phone number is 480-968-5000.

Larry Turek

Larry Turek
1995 Esprit S4S
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 03:13 PM

If you come across anyone who worked for, or with the original scotsdale lotus,..... run. and don't look back.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coughy View Post
If you come across anyone who worked for, or with the original scotsdale lotus,..... run. and don't look back.
Not sure I agree with this statement - Corey, with Scottsdale Vault, is awesome.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 08:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
You'll have to be more specific. I think the "original" Scottsdale Lotus is now Edlebrock Motosports (or something like that). I'm not sure of the exact year but I think it was around 2009 or so when they gave up the franchise. I think Rift Raff was a former member here associated with this dealership.

Penske came on board around 2010-2011 (or so and sorry I don't have the exact months because I wasn't living here at the time) but dropped the franchise in December 31, 2014. Corey Hohm, who's actually from Fox Valley Motorsport and I think worked with TJ at Gator worked under the Penske Scottsdale Lotus.

Scottsdale Vault (Corey's current place) was actually trying to get the Arizona franchise but Brighton was already in the works. But giving his experience with FVMs and Penske Scottsdale Lotus, Corey's probably one of the most experience Elise/Exige and Evora techs in the Valley.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2015, 06:20 AM

riff raff did not know how to service lotus, but he did it anyways. He butchered my car.

The owner eric was a real jerk, and would not do a single thing to fix the problems he was responsible for.

I am one of many who called lotus of America to get (and got) his license revoked.

Hence the closure of Lotus of Scottsdale.

Run, don't walk.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2015, 07:32 AM

Garage
Here we go. This is the former Scottsdale Lotus you're referring to:

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f123...r-group-94359/

Elite Motor Group | Pre-owned Dealer | Phoenix, Arizona

The "Scottsdale Lotus" under Penske (the one with Corey Hom) was actually great and I had LOTS of experience with them because of all the issue I had with my first Evora. Their loaner car program was also a big plus. And, I was really sad to see them go. So, if anyone's looking for an independent Lotus tech, I'd recommend Corey Him who now with Scottsdale Vault.

As for Brighton, I've only had one service dealing (first service) with them but they seem promising.

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2015, 08:09 AM

Does corey have light brown curly hair? Does/did he ever call himself a "lotus tech"

The guy im describing was also at lotus of Scottsdale, and he also knew nothing about lotus cars. After they serviced the car, the steeringwheel had 45 degrees of play where the wheels wouldn't move, and he claimed it was caused by the limited slip diff. Lotus of scottsdale was the twilight zone.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2015, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Does corey have light brown curly hair? Does/did he ever call himself a "lotus tech"
light brown curly hair, no. Calls himself a Lotus Tech, yes because he is/was one (including a number of other manufactures too: Ferrari, Fisker, Nissan GTR, etc.).
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2015, 10:30 AM

Garage
Quote:

The guy im describing was also at lotus of Scottsdale, and he also knew nothing about lotus cars. After they serviced the car, the steeringwheel had 45 degrees of play where the wheels wouldn't move, and he claimed it was caused by the limited slip diff. Lotus of scottsdale was the twilight zone.
Just remember there were at least two totally different legal entities /entirely different owners to use the name "Scottsdale Lotus". And, I think you're talking about a totally separate business entity which was the Scottsdale Lotus owned by Edenholm. During the Edenholm time, Corey was probably with Fox Valley Motorsports (FVM) in Chicago. FVM closed shop and Corey Hom worked for the Penske owned Scottsdale Ferrari, Masteri, Fisker, and Lotus until they gave up the Lotus franchise in 1/1/14.

Corey's Asian by the way:
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/corey-hom/4b/b6/309
https://www.facebook.com/Scottsdalevault

The old Edenholm dealership is now Elite Motor Group...and they have like 10 vehicles to sell....which makes me wonder how you can stay in business with that inventory.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 07:00 AM

Garage
I just stopped by Brighton Motorsports in Phoenix AZ (north Scottsdale) and he officially told me they are no longer a Lotus dealer. He said they were one years ago, changed to service only, but now nothing. He did say he would call lotus for me for my key after he heard my sob story, lol. At first though he told me I would need to go to Vegas.
Two extra questions: does anyone who has lug studs know if they have a different torque recommendation? And does anyone in arizona have a soft top I can check out. I imagine I want one for the sudden AZ storms we get, rain out of nowhere for five minutes, then sun. I will probably buy one from someone, but would be after a cheap one in okay condition as it would probably spend 99% of its life in my trunk. Thanks, Peace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Esprit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in