Broken Fan Blade on 1994 Esprit S4 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Broken Fan Blade on 1994 Esprit S4

Just saw that one of the blades in the middle fan underneath my 1994 esprit has a blade broken. I can't seem to search this site for the term "fan" as it is too short. I don't know how long it has been broken, but I am guessing a while as the mechanic seems to have at some time unplugged the fan and ground from the other two fans.

Any ideas if there is a crossover or easy replacement part for this?

Thanks in advance.

Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 07:17 PM

You can check with one of the usual Esprit suppliers for the x-ref if nobody chimes in here:
JAE in Santa Barbara
Dave Bean San Andreas
RD Enterprises in Quakertown
or
Sports Car World in Dallas

I just bought a new replacement fan motor / blade assembly from JAE for one of my '84 Turbos. It was about $100.00.

If all you need is the blade, I saved my old one. If it turns out that it is correct for your later Stevens body application contact me with your address and I'll send it to you. Mine is a 4-blade moulded in orange plastic. It is held onto the motor shaft with an E-clip snap ring. There is a small diameter (~0.060") dowel pin that runs through the fan motor shaft to key the fan blade to the motor. The fan has a Ford logo and p/n 77FB-6600-EA on it.

I also have 3 good fan / blade assemblies for an S1 / S2 G-body Esprit. But I'd like to sell those.

Regards,
Ron Schramm

'62 Seven S2
'77 S1
'84 Turbo (x2)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 02:46 AM

Garage
Look up the Lotus Esprit fact file on the net. There is a list of cross references for various bits. You can also go to the Lotus Esprit Forum, (a U.K. site), and check there.
I believe the part is out of the GM parts bin. Try taking the fan to a GM product dealer and see if they can match it up. Even your local O'reily's or Pep Boys may be able to match it.

Al

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 05:46 AM

I believe it's a Ford part. I doubt you will find "just" the fan. It is usually sold as a "fan-motor assembly". Unless someone has a used fan kicking around. Try Sports Car World. Try to recover the broken piece and figure out what would have caused the blade to break off. I would also check the other fans and the shroud for cracks. Make sure the fan motor is properly attached. Inside the shroud is a metal frame that the fan motor attaches to. Make sure it is not bent or cracked. Check the clearance of the fan blades to the shroud. Check the ends of the blades to see if they were hitting the shroud.
David Teitelbaum
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 04:10 PM
My car sneezes

Where are you located? I have some stock V8 fans I've been trying to get rid of.

'03.5 Final Edition Esprit ~ 5.7lbs/hp; mildly modded - 430rwhp, 353rwtq
'65 Karmann Ghia, '80 930, '89 928 S4, '92 Corrado, '02 Maserati Coupe, '06 Murcielago
www.fquick.com/gmendoza
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPI...bwPaEI4JFbyCrA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Esprit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in