Have you guys removed the oil cooler duct? OMG - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ragingfool35

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Have you guys removed the oil cooler duct? OMG

I had to remove the oil cooler duct as part of the brake system back date ABS delete on my 94

I can not imagine how some one was able to figure out the shape procedure to build that thing.

I did not believe it was going to slide out of there; it's such a long awkward shape and it has a weird flap on the end that has to fold in place....just amazing.

Brilliant engineering or something else?

I am thoroughly impressed and I have a new respect for the folks who designed and built these cool machines!

94 Esprit S4 - Silver
Previous - lots of hot rod Air Cooled 911s
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 08:50 PM

Among the many things I love about my '89 Esprit Turbo is the fact that it does not have a charge cooler. Having worked on many SE's and often dealing with the plumbing of the oil coolers (modified from the non-SE single oil cooler, in effect the old central oil cooler position became the charge cooler radiator for the SE and the SE used the split oil cooler "wings") I really appreciate the relatively simpler and cleaner plumbing without the charge cooler and its consequences for the oil coolers. I do appreciate those who lust for ever more power will think I'm a moron, but I am a happy moron and quite content with my performance and power "sans intercooler" as my French friends might say. Actually helping a friend right now with his SE and we are doing a lot of work (repairing accident damage) and we had to move those wing coolers out of the way. What a PITA.

Tom Mieczkowski
1989 Esprit Turbo
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 05:51 PM

yeah the first time Tom helped. The second time a couple of weeks ago, Tom helped again but it was much easier having done it once (and having replaced all the corroded fasteners)
still they are like OJ's glove
Seraph likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Esprit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in