The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

S4s Valeo Clutch Cover?

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  MRDANGERUS 
#1 · (Edited)
S4s Clutch Cover PN#?

Does anyone have x-ref number for old Valeo clutch cover PN# 235CP8300 or know where to get one?

#2 · (Edited)
S4s bolt spacing is different from S4 and SE. I've been told that S4s has the same pattern as S300. Later on, for V8s a double plate clutch was implemented.

Parts catalog shows A082Q6032F for S4,
but S4s and S300 had a different number, P525.4701.607AF

#3 ·
In a pinch there is an outfit called SPEC Clutch.

they will custom make anything clutches. Fairly reasonable pricing and good quality from my experience.

If the only option is OEM might be worth giving them a shout to see what they say.

#5 ·
I bet they will make you a bespoke unit. I think they have un-drilled generic pressure plates that they can set up to fit anything?

Probably wont be as reasonably priced as the elise but it might be worth a call. I think I read where some one sent there old one in and they rebuilt it with custom stuff?

#7 ·
I wonder if Lotus set the clutch up a little as a "fuse" knowing that the transmissions were not the strongest. Maybe intentionally putting a slightly lighter Pressure Plate than one might normally spec. That way if there is too much ham fisting going on the clutch would slip a bit preserving the trans?

Mine feels like it might not hold if I abused it but I am not sure how may miles on it.

I think I read that Subaru set the WRX up like this. Of course everybody upgraded the clutches and started blowing axles and transmissions.

#10 ·
That's how my WRX is set up. OEM clutch between my modified motor and an expensive 6-speed. With my self funded warranty, I want the clutch to slip before my tranny tosses teeth! AWD w/LSD doesn't have forgiving wheel spin on pavement

#11 · (Edited)
On S4s, with its high torque output, I wouldn't use S4 cover with less clamping force than the Lotus original Spec.

If you run a "red chip", or other high torque/power chips in your S4s, a stronger cover (10000N) may be required.

NOTE: S4s/S300 cover & flywheel have a different hole pattern and DO NOT FIT S4 nor SE. To retrofit, the flywheel would have to be re-drilled/tapped with S4s hole pattern.

Attachments

#12 ·
JAE here, in US has the S4s/S300 part. Contact Us | JAE Parts has the right, S4s OE, 8300N-force cover! Just ask for S4s clutch kit PN# Q-6032-525 KIT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.